Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Black Wheels on Race Cars...
#1

A standard family hatchback...
   

The real deal...
   

I love puttering with gears
[+] 2 members Like BAracer's post
Quote
#2

   

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#3

   
Quote
#4

Exactly my point!

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#5

   

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#6

What rubbish! Proper cars have wire wheels, only a total peasant would paint them black Bigsmile
   
[+] 1 member Likes Gordon Steadman's post
Quote
#7

You (possibly) might have a point...

However, i think there is a cut off year when rather than making an old car look smart, it makes it look like a pram.

And i offer this opinion based on my past ownership of a TR6, which does not look right on wires, whereas a TR5 does.

So that would make the cut off year somewhere around 1972.

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#8

And if we (I) am talking about the rules around black wheel, then I would propose any post 72 car with 300+bhp must have black wheels in order to optimize performance, whereas anything under that power level it would be optional, although good for messing with your opponents heads.

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#9

My Firebird looked awful with wire wheels. :-)
Wrench
[+] 1 member Likes dvd3500's post
Quote
#10

If you have a very old Alfa, you are allowed to paint them red.

We could then get into the er ...discussion about chrome versus silver paint.
[+] 1 member Likes Gordon Steadman's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)