3rd-Mar-20, 09:35 PM
MrSlotcar Chassis Damping Kit
4th-Mar-20, 08:15 AM
Thinking about this, I am guessing that the 0.5mm damper goes between the chassis and the mount, and the 1.5mm damper goes between the mount and the nut. This way, you avoid massively offsetting the mount...How does that sound?
6th-Mar-20, 10:20 PM
Hi Jeremy, This kit has been produced as a generic kit to be utilized with any car with a separate motor pod, and the different silicone washer thicknesses, are to accommodate various pod/chassis plate combinations, and their resulting ride height(s). So, as such, there is no predetermined way to install them.
Ernie (MRSlotcar) originally only produced the thinner of the two spacers/washers, but , after I tested the initial pre production kits, I asked if some thicker washers/spacers could be produced, and, included in the kits.
I use one silicone washer above and below each pod lug to achieve progressive and controlled torsional flex in the motor pod, this controlled torsional flex does eliminate a great deal of the rolling chassis vibrations, but, more importantly, allows the outside rear tire to load more progressively in a corner, improving grip and providing more consistent handling.
As a general rule, if you are running on a plastic track (rough) you will set the nylok nuts so that there is just a tiny bit of vertical movement between the main chassis plate and the pod lugs, and if on wood, the nylok nuts can be adjusted so the they are not tight, but, vertical movement is eliminated.
So, here is the basic process.............
1/ Put 1 thin washer between the bottom of each pod lug, and the chassis plate. (This will raise the pod a touch in the chassis).
2/ Using a file, Dremel, knife, etc. remove a sliver off of the bottom of each pod lug, equal to the washer thickness. (You will now have the pod in its original vertical position).
3/ Install a silicone washer on top of each pod lug, with a metal washer on top of that, followed by a nylok nut.
4/ Adjust each nut/bolt as equal as possible, using the wood or plastic track settings suggested above.
5/ Once this is done, re set your front axle ride left/right ride height IMPORTANT.
Different tracks, track surfaces, varying tire grip, motor strength will require some "tuning " of the torsional stiffness of the chassis...........generally tighter low grip tracks, lower powered motors, less grippy tires will favour a softer flexing chassis set up,.....while faster more open tracks, powerful motors, grippy tires, will be much happier with a "stiffer" flexing chassis.
Hope this helps, and please let me know if you need more info/better explanations.
Cheers
Chris Walker
PS The following pics. are not the best, but if you look closely. you will see washers both above and below the pod lugs. (I have used some urethane washers that I had made prior to Ernies' silicone washers being produced, but, the process/results are the same.
![[Image: 2003-12-31-23-00-00-90-copy.jpg]](https://i.postimg.cc/3wL0D00x/2003-12-31-23-00-00-90-copy.jpg)
On the plastic chassis car, I have also used urethane washers (The MRSlotcar washers are just as good) glued to the tops of each body post lug on the chassis,...this further eliminates vibrations, and makes the car quieter running, and I like quiet cars !!......if you do choose to use a silicone washer between the chassis and body (I recommend it !! ), don't forget to trim a sliver off of the body posts to acheive the original body height.
Ernie (MRSlotcar) originally only produced the thinner of the two spacers/washers, but , after I tested the initial pre production kits, I asked if some thicker washers/spacers could be produced, and, included in the kits.
I use one silicone washer above and below each pod lug to achieve progressive and controlled torsional flex in the motor pod, this controlled torsional flex does eliminate a great deal of the rolling chassis vibrations, but, more importantly, allows the outside rear tire to load more progressively in a corner, improving grip and providing more consistent handling.
As a general rule, if you are running on a plastic track (rough) you will set the nylok nuts so that there is just a tiny bit of vertical movement between the main chassis plate and the pod lugs, and if on wood, the nylok nuts can be adjusted so the they are not tight, but, vertical movement is eliminated.
So, here is the basic process.............
1/ Put 1 thin washer between the bottom of each pod lug, and the chassis plate. (This will raise the pod a touch in the chassis).
2/ Using a file, Dremel, knife, etc. remove a sliver off of the bottom of each pod lug, equal to the washer thickness. (You will now have the pod in its original vertical position).
3/ Install a silicone washer on top of each pod lug, with a metal washer on top of that, followed by a nylok nut.
4/ Adjust each nut/bolt as equal as possible, using the wood or plastic track settings suggested above.
5/ Once this is done, re set your front axle ride left/right ride height IMPORTANT.
Different tracks, track surfaces, varying tire grip, motor strength will require some "tuning " of the torsional stiffness of the chassis...........generally tighter low grip tracks, lower powered motors, less grippy tires will favour a softer flexing chassis set up,.....while faster more open tracks, powerful motors, grippy tires, will be much happier with a "stiffer" flexing chassis.
Hope this helps, and please let me know if you need more info/better explanations.
Cheers
Chris Walker
PS The following pics. are not the best, but if you look closely. you will see washers both above and below the pod lugs. (I have used some urethane washers that I had made prior to Ernies' silicone washers being produced, but, the process/results are the same.
![[Image: 2003-12-31-23-00-00-90-copy.jpg]](https://i.postimg.cc/3wL0D00x/2003-12-31-23-00-00-90-copy.jpg)
On the plastic chassis car, I have also used urethane washers (The MRSlotcar washers are just as good) glued to the tops of each body post lug on the chassis,...this further eliminates vibrations, and makes the car quieter running, and I like quiet cars !!......if you do choose to use a silicone washer between the chassis and body (I recommend it !! ), don't forget to trim a sliver off of the body posts to acheive the original body height.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)