6th-Mar-26, 07:23 PM
Hi to all, newbie here
Please can somebody help me as I am going mad.
I built a 2 lane wooden track about a year ago and opted to use a dead strip for lap counting and timing. All went well for a while until everything went blank, reading between the lines it would appear that I caused a spike in the system when the cars went over the dead strips onto the Arduino.
For nearly 6 months now I have spoken to many people and the result seems to be that I have damaged the Arduino board. I have since bought several more Arduino boards but my biggest problem seems to be uploading the sketch onto the board, I just cannot get the sketch to upload.
What am I doing wrong.
I have 2 lights on the Arduino which come on when I connect it to the laptop, green and amber, but when I load should the amber light flash?
Please can somebody help me as I am going mad.

I built a 2 lane wooden track about a year ago and opted to use a dead strip for lap counting and timing. All went well for a while until everything went blank, reading between the lines it would appear that I caused a spike in the system when the cars went over the dead strips onto the Arduino.
For nearly 6 months now I have spoken to many people and the result seems to be that I have damaged the Arduino board. I have since bought several more Arduino boards but my biggest problem seems to be uploading the sketch onto the board, I just cannot get the sketch to upload.
What am I doing wrong.
I have 2 lights on the Arduino which come on when I connect it to the laptop, green and amber, but when I load should the amber light flash?

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)