Posts: 63
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 20 in 16 posts
Likes Given: 5
Joined: Apr 2024
Hi again,I have a scalextric sport track & am building a rally track. What tyres would you recommend I get for my rally models? I want them to drive like real rally style being able to slide for corners etc but still put traction down too. Thanks in advance again.
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,030 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
My standard go-to for my rally cars are the WASP 01R urethane tyres. Urethane works nicely on Sport and other surfaces giving grip and plenty of slide. They look the part with a realistic tread pattern.
Alarmingly, I can't see them in stock anywhere, but you could ask MC Slots:
https://mcslots.co.uk/products/urethane-...-8mm-rally
Posts: 1,748
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,599 in 813 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
I will second Andy's suggestion. I also like the way they look - very "Rally".
Hopefully WASP can revive production.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•
Posts: 528
Threads: 50
Likes Received: 884 in 356 posts
Likes Given: 2,645
Joined: Jun 2020
It's a real shame that Wayne at WASP slot isn't really doing tyres now.
He was so helpful, with a really good product, and there was even lists of which tyres fitted which models. Made it so much easier.
I got into his tyres from Woodcote's suggestion, which was one of the best bits of help and advice I've had.
He does still produce tyres occasionally, but only it seems for the already mentioned mcslots.
Another port of call might be Sandbach slot cars. Mark does some really good stuff, which is expanding, and from memory he lists two different types of "rally tyres".
•