Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

BRM Mini Cooper White Kit build
#1

I started this build thread because I think these cars are run often and they're pretty popular. Here's the kit in its purest form, right out of the box.

   

I've since cleaned up the flashing all around the car. I also hollowed out the grill and rear tail light locations. I still have to bore out the front locations because lights will get installed in front and rear. I first applied an 800 coat of MrHobby gray primer, then sanded until I was almost back to plastic. Then I used this Stynylrez primer and gave it two coats. Here's how it looks.

   

I'll let this dry for a day and then sand it smooth with 1000. I'll then give it a first coat of color.

Stay Tuned!
[+] 4 members Like DPJ's post
Quote
#2

I'm waiting for the correct color paint to arrive from Gravity Colors out of Malaga, Spain. Should be real nice!!

Some extra decals should be arriving any day now, from Atalaya in Spain also.
Quote
#3

Paint arrived... now to paint it...!


   
[+] 2 members Like DPJ's post
Quote
#4

Paint is on, now the fun begins!

           
[+] 3 members Like DPJ's post
Quote
#5

       
[+] 4 members Like DPJ's post
Quote
#6

I had some ideas on the layout, here's how it started...

   


Here are the completed decals...

                   
[+] 5 members Like DPJ's post
Quote
#7

Paint and decals have been finished for some time, here it is...


               



Now I have the front and rear lights to install, then it'll be complete!
[+] 5 members Like DPJ's post
Quote
#8

Looks great!
[+] 1 member Likes Top Down's post
Quote
#9

I concur

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post
Quote
#10

Beautiful!  Checkeredflag
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nkarres
26th-Mar-23, 05:28 PM
Last Post by DPJ
23rd-Nov-22, 06:24 AM
Last Post by Johnno
30th-Jun-21, 12:08 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)