Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
I just spent a while trying to find some youtubage of one in action but all I'm getting is sim racers (which doesn't interest me in the slightest)
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 90
Threads: 13
Likes Received: 209 in 64 posts
Likes Given: 67
Joined: Jan 2025
At its first outing for the 1955 LeMans the Nardi’s undoing was the Jaguar that passed the poor Nardi so fast the Nardi got blown off the course and into a ditch! That’s the last picture. You can’t see the rear lights but you can see the fronts. The Nardi is going to be my 24 Hours of LeMans car if we ever get around to that type of racing.
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
I like them round this way too.
Posts: 189
Threads: 12
Likes Received: 220 in 105 posts
Likes Given: 256
Joined: Mar 2020
I've got one under construction.
Nowhere near as good as yours.
Awkward thing to get running gear in.
Gerry
•
Posts: 90
Threads: 13
Likes Received: 209 in 64 posts
Likes Given: 67
Joined: Jan 2025
Thanks for re-orienting the photos! You fellas are great! Feel free to 'fix' my inept post whenever you want but I draw the line at insults as to my lineage! ?
Gerry, my Nardi has a block inside the rear of the body shell that receives a nylon bolt. Look closely at the rear of the chassis for the transverse member of which passes said bolt. Since there isn't much room up front a mount was fashioned from aluminum tubing which is received by the fore end of the motor. The tubing is epoxied to a bass wood block which is, itself, epoxied to the body. By doing this there is plenty of room for the guide, its mount, wires and LEDs with resistor. If you wish I can try to get a better picture of the chassis.
Posts: 195
Threads: 5
Likes Received: 246 in 119 posts
Likes Given: 555
Joined: Dec 2021
Location MN, USA
Such a classic and unusual car.
Great work!
•