Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
(15th-Aug-24, 12:29 PM)Kevan Wrote: (15th-Aug-24, 08:49 AM)BAracer Wrote: My next GT3 Proxy tyres, need to take 0.5mm off...not a quick job!
Depends on the rubber
That would be telling!
But early progress suggests 3hrs per tyre, which I tend to do in 1hr chunks, giving me plenty of time to contemplate life and meditate on meaningful matters...Who'd have thought slot cars could offer that.
I love puttering with gears
•
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
OK I'll guess...NSR 5223 Ultragrip 21 x 14 for MG-Vanquish cars
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
In my dreams!
I love puttering with gears
•
Posts: 159
Threads: 8
Likes Received: 388 in 114 posts
Likes Given: 176
Joined: Sep 2020
After finishing this slot.it 512M body conversion, I felt the need to cut and solder some metal. So I pulled this Revell Cobra out and went to work.
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
The Ferrari is nice. That's one sweet looking 289 AC Cobra body.
•
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
@Mickeythumbs = If you have pics to show your conversion build up - please do a thread - would love to do one as well!!
Great Car BTW !!
•
Posts: 159
Threads: 8
Likes Received: 388 in 114 posts
Likes Given: 176
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 159
Threads: 8
Likes Received: 388 in 114 posts
Likes Given: 176
Joined: Sep 2020
I’ve decided on this Ken Miles livery from 1963.
Posts: 121
Threads: 16
Likes Received: 214 in 83 posts
Likes Given: 32
Joined: Jun 2019
Location Japan
Too many things going at once, and never seem to really finish up the cars. Must make more efforts.
Beach buggy needs to finish the decorating and thinking if any way to make faster - not alot of room to play with.
New printer arrived so spent a little time in Blender to have a go at the Speed 12. A second attempt to make it better but forgot to smooth for the printing. Should be good enough to test with though.
Very happy with how the Koenigsegg is turning out. Must try not to mess it up with the windows. Then to think of the running gear.
I think the standard parts that are accessible here probably won't work well, time to start a mockup chassis to test.
My DIY projects and failures at https://dazee-projects.blogspot.com/
Various projects and videos at https://www.youtube.com/@DaleChan-nel
Posts: 388
Threads: 43
Likes Received: 957 in 299 posts
Likes Given: 1
Joined: Aug 2019
Location Toronto, Canada
(3rd-Sep-24, 09:22 PM)mickey thumbs Wrote: I’ve decided on this Ken Miles livery from 1963.
Looking good Mickey,

........keep us posted.
I have done a couple over the years using the Revell shell,.....both "289" versions,......to my eye, better looking than the "427".
Cheers
Chris Walker
This one a fantasy livery............
On a "Hybrid" chassis........
And this an actual livery............
On a simple fully "scratch" chassis...