Posts: 1,748
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,597 in 813 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
I missed posting this other Belga acquisition here:-
Ford Capri:
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
•
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
I help out my in-laws with IT issues when necessary, and in return, they generously gave me a cheque for my birthday...which was duly spent on a missing piece in my rally armoury!
As it came out of the box...
With some new inserts to get my preferred look...
I love puttering with gears
(This post was last modified: 31st-Aug-24, 02:00 PM by
BAracer.)
Posts: 18
Threads: 3
Likes Received: 58 in 15 posts
Likes Given: 3
Joined: Jul 2024
Location Oldham
I had been waiting months and was looking forward to adding both of these to my BTCC cars.
Was initially disappointed with the Sierra, the rear axle wasn't fitted and when that had been corrected, the guide hadn't been tightened keeping the front wheels airborne. Also, when looking inside at the driver you can see the motor.
Still, didn't take much to get it running - and it looks and runs great.
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
AT the lens meeting this weekend - was tempted but good deals
1/24th Ferrari 365:
And a couple more cheapies - really starting to like the 70's style F1's
Want to see if I can really improve the 312 - I have lots of parts from a Policar white kit I can add ;)
The SCX Williams is actually a nice rendition of the cars - just wish the driver was better!
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
...Interlargos Miniatures helmet maybe?
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 18
Threads: 3
Likes Received: 58 in 15 posts
Likes Given: 3
Joined: Jul 2024
Location Oldham
I meant to include this earlier.
It's a bit awkward to get the chassis on and off (to remove magnet), it's a bit "tippy" and the tyres would be more at home on a landrover - but it's great. It looks good and is really fun to drive
Posts: 193
Threads: 23
Likes Received: 326 in 126 posts
Likes Given: 922
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 882
Threads: 51
Likes Received: 2,386 in 709 posts
Likes Given: 2,635
Joined: Apr 2019
Location The Netherlands
To my surprise, I was able to buy this Spirit BMW 2002 tii last week at the swapmeet in Leuven, Belgium.
I missed it when it was launched and thought it was gone for ever.
Marc Etchebers and Marie-Christine Etchebers-Rives finished the 1975 Rally of Spain 5th overall in their Group 1 BMW.
In this case the wide Group 2 fenders of the Spirit BMW are not correct, but in my opinion they look very good..
Posts: 4,504
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,053 in 1,811 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
That Beemer is a beaut
Life is like a box of Slot cars...