Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

V twin FF50
#1

For some time I have thought I would like to have a V twin FF motor config.
Predominantly, just because ... 
The idea is the motors are matched as evenly as possible (as you can see I have 2 motors tested at 17.3K rpm at 12V), and as they are both attached to one axle, if there are any discrepancies in motor power, they will be forced to run equal.
There may (or may not) be a benefit of decent brakes due to doubling the torque ....

Anyway, this is the Proof of Concept Prototype :

[Image: OVV8F6K.jpg]

Unfortunately, I already checked and its not eligible for the Proxy  Bigsmile Rofl
[+] 4 members Like Savage GT's post
Quote
#2

Well, I like the idea anyway  Thumbup

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 2 members Like Kevan's post
Quote
#3

That looks very cool.  Thumbup

Don't let that stop you from doing some back to back testing against an equivalent type single motor car.

The thing about a rule is the order in which you ask the question. Someone will wise up in advance if you ask first. Smokey Yunick always checked the rules first. Then asked the questions after the race (after he won). The first person to make a double motor car in our club would not be breaking any rules because no one ever thought of that idea before. The single motor rule would likely be made after the first double motor car showed up. And... you would like earn the nickname "Smokey".  Bigsmile

Or... you might start a whole new class of double motor cars.
[+] 2 members Like KensRedZed's post
Quote
#4

(20th-Dec-23, 11:09 PM)KensRedZed Wrote:  The thing about a rule is the order in which you ask the question. Someone will wise up in advance if you ask first. Smokey Yunick always checked the rules first. Then asked the questions after the race (after he won). The first person to make a double motor car in our club would not be breaking any rules because no one ever thought of that idea before. The single motor rule would likely be made after the first double motor car showed up. And... you would like earn the nickname "Smokey".  Bigsmile

Rofl Rofl Rofl

For sure it will get developed as I have had this bee in my bonnet for some time  Wrench
It likely wont have any speed advantage, maybe some disadvantage because of the extra pinion and gear friction, but if it makes up for it with good brakes I will consider it mission accomplished.
Technically full advantage would be to have the motors flat for lowest COG but I wanted a V twin. At 15 degrees each motor they still sit a couple of mm lower than a standard boxer, or I could make them more v shaped and reduce the width which currently sits at around 36mm with potential to shave a couple of mm off as is.
[+] 1 member Likes Savage GT's post
Quote
#5

   
   
   
[+] 3 members Like Eddie Grice's post
Quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)