Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

I have been playing with Tinkercad ... would this print OK ?
#21

Back on 'track' with the text disappearing, the layer above the text may have collapsed into it due to the nozzle cooling fan switching on at too high a layer setting or it lack puff.

Cheers
            John

P.S. You can now make as many train chassis' as you like, along with buildings, signals, gantries, platforms etc etc etc....

Mr Fit for Function.
[+] 1 member Likes JMay's post
Quote
#22

The text is probably still there sealed in with supports.

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post
Quote
#23

(9th-May-23, 11:11 AM)Kevan Wrote:  'levelling' depends on your printer, Prusa's auto level before every print.

I could do that myself before printing, this machine has an auto level feature.
I assumed once set all good for a while  Talking
Presumably that can be put in the G code ? (he says only having seen a video of someone doing something else in the G code)  Bigsmile
Quote
#24

I've never ventured into the G-code...what can go wrong  Ambulance

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
Quote
#25

Apparently type G29 under G28 = Job done, will see at next print  Bigsmile

How to Enable Auto Bed Leveling in Cura? (BLTouch, EZABL) - 3D Print Beast

I am thinking the Creality splicer is a skinned version of Cura, they look and function very similar.
Quote
#26

"Flexible Build Plate" is a pretty loose term in the industry. On an Ender, that usually means some kind of plasticy sheet with a weak magnetic attachment to the bed. These are the kinds that give flexi plates a bad name, and it's no wonder people who have them prefer to use glass.

On a Prusa, it's a sheet of spring steel, with PEI (aka Ultem) adhered to both sides with an industrial grade adhesive. These are magnetically held to the Prusa heated bed with about 20 meodymium magnets embedded in the bed. It is SOLID, and does not require any additives for most common materials to hold well. Removing the print is a matter of removing the plate itself, and then flexing (like a saw blade) the sheet one direction, and then the other. Depending on the material printed and the type of sheet, the print will release itself after the bed and print have cooled down.

The closest thing to a Prusa type sheet for other printers is that as offered by Wham-Bam Systems for a variety of printers. Although they use a sheet magnet, it's thicker, and therefore stronger, than what Enders usually come with. The WhamBam plate is spring steel, and you can get various polymer sheets for it, like the Prusa ones, or even print right on the spring steel itself.

I have never, nor will I ever, use a dangerous implement to remove prints from any printer I own. As such, I didn't even use my resin printer until I got WhamBam sheets for it.

printables.com/@MrFlippant
Quote
#27

The loco chassis looks like it will work.  Congratulations!
[+] 1 member Likes chappyman66's post
Quote
#28

(9th-May-23, 10:35 PM)MrFlippant Wrote:  "Flexible Build Plate" is a pretty loose term in the industry. On an Ender, that usually means some kind of plasticy sheet with a weak magnetic attachment to the bed. These are the kinds that give flexi plates a bad name, and it's no wonder people who have them prefer to use glass.
Nope, its a coated sprung steel sheet with a damn good magnetic attachment on mine  Sun
On another note, printer now checks bed level before every print  Cool
Quote
#29

(9th-May-23, 10:35 PM)MrFlippant Wrote:  I have never, nor will I ever, use a dangerous implement to remove prints from any printer I own. As such, I didn't even use my resin printer until I got WhamBam sheets for it.

Implements are only dangerous when used flippantly  Rofl

(that's got to be my post of the year  Rofl Rofl )

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 5 members Like Kevan's post
Quote
#30

(scrolled back up to refresh my memory)

So, nice spring steel sheet, but it looks to be textured? I've never had much luck with PLA on a textured plate. It's great for PETG and ABS and TPU, but not so much PLA. I'd highly recommend getting a smooth PEI sheet to complement your textured one. I use that pretty much exclusively for PLA, and with the right first layer offset, it stays stuck and prints great.

The text will have disappeared easily on a textured plate, not only because the texture, but also because a good first layer on a textured plate tends to need more squish than on a smooth surface. As such, the following layers will also squish into the lettering. If it's only a single layer of lettering, it's pretty much going to disappear. On a smooth sheet, the lettering will be more visible, but the second layer will usually be in the opposite direction, so the lettering doesn't disappear, but gets a line pattern inside. :)

Anyway, seems a good printer. :)

printables.com/@MrFlippant
[+] 2 members Like MrFlippant's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
4th-Jan-26, 08:33 PM
Last Post by MrFlippant
13th-Aug-22, 10:05 PM
Last Post by AlexisGaitanis
14th-Mar-20, 09:01 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)