Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Which is the correct Sloting Plus Combi Axle Tube for NSR triangular mounts?
#11

(6th-Oct-22, 10:07 PM)chrisguyw Wrote:  
(6th-Oct-22, 02:51 PM)tatter06 Wrote:  Thanks  for the info, hadn't realised they had been around so long, new to me. 

I found an sw and an aw with bushings in place, can't be 100% sure they are original nsr bushes as I usually swap them out for 2.38 but they look fairly standard. Measuring both gives

Sw 30.4
Aw 29.5

So allowing for tollerence of chinesium calipers the 29.9 is probably the most likely. I was surprised they were different widths. 

Yes I can see the sw would need to be cut away there's barely enough room for the motor wrapper.

I will order some of each length anyway as I would like to try them on an sw too.

The 31mm tube is the one that works (perfectly) for the NSR Triangular SW pod...........the 29.9 will deflect the rear uprights inward.

Below is a 31mm tube (notched) on another NSR SW pod.



[Image: DSCN4748.jpg]

Cheers
Chris Walker
Yes 31 for sw, I'll try the 29.9 for aw and report back if it the right one.
[+] 1 member Likes tatter06's post
Quote
#12

In rc12 , as in slot cars, 
A gripper surface requires a stiffer chassis design.
Carpet was indeed the death knell of the UK phantom and the Schumacher lexan cars.
No amount of rework and retrofit could make them competitive.

The US based companies (like associated electrics)  had developed cars for tamac adapted well to carpet.
It took Cecil schumacher and his team a while to develop a carpet capable car. The schumacher  "C"
I don"t think Neal Francis and his Phantom team ever produced a carpet car 

AlanW
[+] 2 members Like Nonfractal's post
Quote
#13

It is indeed a Phantom

   

This one has the torque tube disconnected

   

Cars back then were a mix of parts from garage manufacturers, Schumacher rear axle, slip-on wheels and differential that Cecil invented and changed r/c for decades (interestingly they currently race with solid axles again).
Team Associated front axle blocks (Gene Husting of Slot car anglewinder fame joined Team Associated right at the dawn of R/C as Slot car popularity was on the wane). 
Soft Armaflex foam tyres coated in silicone sealant with hundreds of tiny stipples which only lasted one race so you had to prep a few sets every week (we raced on wooden floors in those days before carpet came out).
Parma motor (and wiper taken from their Slot car controllers).
Tamiya connectors (they're rubbish).
...and Saft BVY nicads with a grand total of 1000mah but we still raced for 8 minutes and had a tendency to 'pop' if you left the charger leads on too long (no automatic chargers then...a stopwatch and DVM  Bigsmile )...they also liked to reverse polarity if you over-discharged them!

...happy memories I couldn't resist sharing.

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BAracer
12th-Apr-23, 09:45 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)