Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Which is the correct Sloting Plus Combi Axle Tube for NSR triangular mounts?
#1

Hi, I'm a bit confused by sloting plus's description

Sloting Plus Combi Axle Tube 29.9mm 1x for use with Porsche 997 Ninco, Porsche and Corvette NSR. Previous Ref No: (SP053102)


Or 

Sloting Plus Combi Axle Tube 31.0mm. 1x for use with Mosler, Megane, Lexus, Supra and NSX Ninco and Mosler NSR. Previous Ref No: (SLPL-1010)

As I thought the mount was the same for all NSR gt3 and the mosler?  I guess one is for the old rectangle mount and one is for the triangle mount. I only have a triangle mount to measure and tempted to say the shorter one would be right but does anyone know?

Thanks
Quote
#2

I have one of these tubes for a Racer Sideways pod. The Slotting Plus dimension is the overall length of the item, outside flange to outside flange. 

So measure the distance between the outside of your NSR bushings and check which tube you need.

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#3

Thanks, measured a couple and coming out at 28.5, so the 29.9 seems most likely as needs a bit of room for the outside flange.
Quote
#4

Did the 28.5 measurement include bushings?

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#5

No that was just the outside to the outside of the plastic cradle where the bushings would sit.

   
Quote
#6

Hello Tater06, Measure from the outside of each bushing flange on the rear axle to determine which length tube you need....eg. the current NSR triangular sidewinder pods are 31mm across from the outside of each bushing flange,...so,....the 31mm size is the one you need for these pods. 


 The SlotingPlus axle tubes were released 15+ years ago for use with the Ninco Anglewinder chassis cars, which were very flimsy in the rear axle upright/ motor box area, resulting in "Ninco Hop"...........these tubes are a godsend for any anglewinder/sidewinder application, but, be aware that for many sidewinder applications, the tubes must be "notched" to clear the rear axle.


I have used them on tons of my own and shop customer cars, and recommend them highly, particularly for quicker/smoother wood tracks where the lateral loads are much higher than on plastic (unless you run with magnets on plastic).

On cars with a steeper motor angle (this is a Ninco Ferrari), the tube can be installed as is.....

[Image: DSCN4187-copy.jpg]

On sidewinders, the tube may well need to be "notched" to clear the axle.

[Image: DSCN4391.jpg]

Cheers
Chris Walker
[+] 3 members Like chrisguyw's post
Quote
#7

Thanks  for the info, hadn't realised they had been around so long, new to me. 

I found an sw and an aw with bushings in place, can't be 100% sure they are original nsr bushes as I usually swap them out for 2.38 but they look fairly standard. Measuring both gives

Sw 30.4
Aw 29.5

So allowing for tollerence of chinesium calipers the 29.9 is probably the most likely. I was surprised they were different widths. 

Yes I can see the sw would need to be cut away there's barely enough room for the motor wrapper.

I will order some of each length anyway as I would like to try them on an sw too.
[+] 1 member Likes tatter06's post
Quote
#8

(6th-Oct-22, 02:51 PM)tatter06 Wrote:  Thanks  for the info, hadn't realised they had been around so long, new to me. 

I found an sw and an aw with bushings in place, can't be 100% sure they are original nsr bushes as I usually swap them out for 2.38 but they look fairly standard. Measuring both gives

Sw 30.4
Aw 29.5

So allowing for tollerence of chinesium calipers the 29.9 is probably the most likely. I was surprised they were different widths. 

Yes I can see the sw would need to be cut away there's barely enough room for the motor wrapper.

I will order some of each length anyway as I would like to try them on an sw too.

The 31mm tube is the one that works (perfectly) for the NSR Triangular SW pod...........the 29.9 will deflect the rear uprights inward.

Below is a 31mm tube (notched) on another NSR SW pod.



[Image: DSCN4748.jpg]

Cheers
Chris Walker
[+] 1 member Likes chrisguyw's post
Quote
#9

I wish Sloting Plus would go to the next stage.
An example below of a torque tube from a 1980s 1/12th rc 
Lexan chassis from this era were extremely flexible. 
The torque tube design adopted by all lexan monocoque designs of the time. 

Locking the motor to the axle eliminates flex. 

   
[+] 2 members Like Nonfractal's post
Quote
#10

(6th-Oct-22, 11:03 PM)Nonfractal Wrote:  I wish Sloting Plus would go to the next stage.
An example below of a torque tube from a 1980s 1/12th rc 
Lexan chassis from this era were extremely flexible. 
The torque tube design adopted by all lexan monocoque designs of the time. 

Locking the motor to the axle eliminates flex. 

That looks like an original Phantom 1/12th.  They were great years ('81-'83) but the advent of carpet killed off lexan chassis.  The torque tube was still used for a short while until dampers started appearing.

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 2 members Like Kevan's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BAracer
12th-Apr-23, 09:45 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)