Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Porsche 962 Scalextric,restoration.
#1

It was sitting in the  to do pile because i could not decide what to do with the windshield ,which was part of the body
   

My first attempt was to vacform a windshield
   

I didnt like it so i went a different route.I 3d printed in resin the roof of the cockpit 
   


and glued it in place then i stripped and repainted the whole car I also cutoff the original cockpit which was also part of the body
   

Then i 3d printed moulds for the cockpit and the windshield and vacformed them.
   


I 3d printed  chassis,rims(both FDM) and guide and inserts(both SLA).I cast tyres in urethane (Smooth-on).
   

Decals were printed on white inkjet decal paper.


   
[+] 3 members Like AlexisGaitanis's post
Quote
#2

I have a couple of the Rothmans 962's one of which I plan to do a nice restoration on.

How does the car drive now with the extensive chassis modifications? I think the Scalextric 962 has quite poor handling, particularly compared to something like the Cadillac LMP cars which can lap on my test track at 2.75 seconds compared to around 4.5 seconds for the 962.

B.
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)