Posts: 176
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 532 in 144 posts
Likes Given: 436
Joined: Apr 2020
Location South Sweden
Another idea! Swap it for a Lotus Eleven!
Much lower and shorter.
Carver
•
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
(11th-Aug-21, 12:42 PM)Carver Wrote: Another idea! Swap it for a Lotus Eleven!
Much lower and shorter.
Carver
Now that is a good idea.
Where will I put the tow hitch?
•
Posts: 176
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 532 in 144 posts
Likes Given: 436
Joined: Apr 2020
Location South Sweden
I'm sure you will come up with something!
•
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
I've also noticed the little pink hot rod pickup truck in one of the views !!!!
•
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
(11th-Aug-21, 09:00 PM)Fluff Wrote: I've also noticed the little pink hot rod pickup truck in one of the views !!!!
That's still one of my favourite cars. It's been successful at race meetings and it's a joy to drive on any track I've tried. Good old technology......Pittman 196B motor, still pretty competitive in spite of being so old.
•
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
Aren't we all Gordon
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
Still labouring away on the house but after a frustrating week of trying to make something of the ceiling my incompetent predecessor put up, I felt like a break.
Ronnie said I should have pulled it down and started again and, in retrospect, she was probably right. However, it's just about acceptable now and I still have too much to do to obsess about one bit.
Anyway, pulled some cars out and turned a few laps in the garage. Suddenly saw a box on the shelf that said "slot cars" but couldn't remember what was in it. Turned out to be trees and bushes and couldn't resist bunging down some foam and sticking a bit greenery in it. This was never intended to be a scenic track, that's for when the main one gets built but it's always fun driving around something less utilitarian.
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
Is that the Allard in the photo it's a bit fuzzy to really tell .
I see the wiring has improved
Steve
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Could be
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 882
Threads: 51
Likes Received: 2,386 in 709 posts
Likes Given: 2,635
Joined: Apr 2019
Location The Netherlands
Well done Gordon.
That is another scenic track topic, here on SlotRacer.
A good start of 2022!
•