Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

The end is nigh

Today is ten days since we signed the sales papers for our house. This means the cooling off period is over so it's gorn! With another lockdown period imminent here, it probably means we won't be able to travel north to find somewhere to live. No panic then.

The real horror is that we have to do a bit of electrical tidying up before we go and that will mean work to the wall covered by the track! It's already covered with dust because of the other clearing up I've been doing in the room so no grip but it's going to have to come out!

I have not been looking forward to this. As it is slot cars are way down the list of to do's right now but this really brings it all home (or what was home). We have already emptied the house from the top and all our worldly possessions are progressing towards the ground floor. Why do we carry so much junk around? Minimalism beckons.

As the move is scheduled for around the same time as Bordo, I'm going to be extremely pissed off this year.

[+] 1 member Likes Gordon Steadman's post

Join the club Gordon. We will also be relocating in the same period. We too have started the clean up. Difficult to start but getting easier as we get rid of ‘stuff’

(27th-Jan-21, 11:42 AM)Anthony B Wrote:  Join the club Gordon. We will also be relocating in the same period. We too have started the clean up. Difficult to start but getting easier as we get rid of ‘stuff’
Yup, it's strange, the more stuff we get rid of, the easier it gets to part with things. Our local Google group has been great for selling off bits and pieces. In fact we have already sold enough to cover most of the bills for moving Sun 

Definitely changing style now. The new place will be modern instead of traditional heavy French and not a lot of it.

Stressful, but exciting times.

Hope all goes smoothly for both of you.
[+] 1 member Likes JasonB's post

(27th-Jan-21, 12:51 PM)JasonB Wrote:  Stressful, but exciting times.

Hope all goes smoothly for both of you.

Thanks Jason,

I will feel happier when we actually have somewhere to live! I did a little spreadsheet that tells me that time is shorter than I think! Last but one sums it up I think.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 1 member Likes Gordon Steadman's post

Just an idea...

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign...break-down

I love puttering with gears

(27th-Jan-21, 03:10 PM)BourneAgainRacer Wrote:  Just an idea...

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign...break-down

Yeah!! I read that this morning and it ain't going to happen Tease

Sweating Cussing

Ouch!!!!

Are you going to leave the art work on the wall Gordon ? 
More to the point are you going to contemplate a new track ?