Posts: 4,511
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,060 in 1,816 posts
Likes Given: 4,200
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
(30th-Nov-21, 10:59 PM)chrisguyw Wrote: If you are running on longer/faster tracks a 25K FC-130 may well be the better option.
Cheers
Chris Walker
But IL or AW only for MRSlotcar chassis.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
(This post was last modified: 30th-Nov-21, 11:31 PM by
Kevan.)
•
Posts: 196
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 206 in 104 posts
Likes Given: 198
Joined: Oct 2020
Hi Chris, that's a very smart build!
I haven't been to that many tracks but I would say it is more of the long sweepy variety, I actually don't know the total length but I think the straight is about 3m into a long sweeper you should be able to take flat out. After that it gets a bit twisty.
I will give the policar motor a go with the hearing you suggest, nothing to lose at this point.
Posts: 4,511
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,060 in 1,816 posts
Likes Given: 4,200
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Our straight must be 3m or so and the Policar Classic F1's are still accelerating hard at the end of the straight, in fact 80% power is all that's needed so that motor with the right gearing (3.5:1 ish) on a wider car with a bit of ballast should fly round. In fact I may get one of those slimline SW pods and try it in my MRSlotcar Mclaren
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 304
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 292 in 158 posts
Likes Given: 51
Joined: Sep 2019
Location Cornwall
(30th-Nov-21, 12:36 PM)Kevan Wrote: I suspect this slimline would...https://www.professormotor.com/product-p/pmtr1532.htm
...Chris can tell you everything you need to know about that motor.
I'm intrigued by this motor, does anyone in the UK stock it?
Bernie, racing since 1969
•
Posts: 4,511
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,060 in 1,816 posts
Likes Given: 4,200
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
(1st-Dec-21, 12:32 PM)Qman Wrote: (30th-Nov-21, 12:36 PM)Kevan Wrote: I suspect this slimline would...https://www.professormotor.com/product-p/pmtr1532.htm
...Chris can tell you everything you need to know about that motor.
I'm intrigued by this motor, does anyone in the UK stock it?
Not that I'm aware and I did search over the last year.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 196
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 206 in 104 posts
Likes Given: 198
Joined: Oct 2020
(1st-Dec-21, 12:32 PM)Qman Wrote: (30th-Nov-21, 12:36 PM)Kevan Wrote: I suspect this slimline would...https://www.professormotor.com/product-p/pmtr1532.htm
...Chris can tell you everything you need to know about that motor.
I'm intrigued by this motor, does anyone in the UK stock it?
Doesn't look like it, evotec deliver to the UK, although need to order a decent amount of stuff to justify the postage.
•
Posts: 388
Threads: 43
Likes Received: 957 in 299 posts
Likes Given: 1
Joined: Aug 2019
Location Toronto, Canada
Hello Tater06,.........if the track you posted is the one you will be running on, I would go for a 25K FC-130,.......it looks marginal for the Policar FF-050.
As far as the FF-050 shown in previous posts, at this stage they are only available from Professor Motor in the US (he ordered them to his spec.)........unlike all FF-050 motors commonly used in our little toy cars, this one has poly neo magnets, which overcome the shortcomings of most FF-050 motors currently on the market.
Cheers
Chris Walker
•
Posts: 196
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 206 in 104 posts
Likes Given: 198
Joined: Oct 2020
1st-Dec-21, 02:29 PM
(1st-Dec-21, 02:09 PM)chrisguyw Wrote: Hello Tater06,.........if the track you posted is the one you will be running on, I would go for a 25K FC-130,.......it looks marginal for the Policar FF-050.
As far as the FF-050 shown in previous posts, at this stage they are only available from Professor Motor in the US (he ordered them to his spec.)........unlike all FF-050 motors commonly used in our little toy cars, this one has poly neo magnets, which overcome the shortcomings of most FF-050 motors currently on the market.
Cheers
Chris Walker
Thanks Chris, yes that's the track
•