Posts: 4,504
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,053 in 1,811 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Angus (Makers Muse) is probably my favourite 3D maker dude, today I watched with avid interest about a material he tried for his FDM printers...and it's been around for decades, is cheap and seems to work on all filaments without any fancy dan adhesion enhancers...
I bring you (or rather Angus does)...G10 - The best print surface you've never heard of...
•
Posts: 789
Threads: 30
Likes Received: 1,382 in 619 posts
Likes Given: 482
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Auburn, WA, USA
There's a guy (probably multiple guys) that makes flex plates for Prusa machines with a G10 sheet on them, as opposed to PEI.
I've been pretty happy overall with the smooth PEI steel sheets, though I do use the textured sheets for some materials.
printables.com/@MrFlippant
•
Posts: 4,504
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,053 in 1,811 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
It was fascinating to see how printing Nylon generated so much force during contraction that it made a permanent indent in the plate, no doubt the high plate temp had a major influence also.
•