Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
I don't expect to win every time I buy a lottery ticket. But I consider it like buying a dream for the mere price of a coffee.
This was a nice dream that didn't cost a thing.
If nothing else. Many members in our club woke up and chimed in because of this announcement.
I don't have a FaceFart account. Is Scratch32 from Canada on the list?
Thanks,
Ken
Posts: 304
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 291 in 158 posts
Likes Given: 51
Joined: Sep 2019
Location Cornwall
(8th-Jun-21, 12:40 PM)KensRedZed Wrote: I don't have a FaceFart account. Is Scratch32 from Canada on the list?
Thanks,
Ken
I cant see them Ken
We (Woodland Fort slot car club, Plymouth, Devon) made it, already planning our championship
Bernie, racing since 1969
Posts: 388
Threads: 43
Likes Received: 957 in 299 posts
Likes Given: 1
Joined: Aug 2019
Location Toronto, Canada
(8th-Jun-21, 12:40 PM)KensRedZed Wrote: I don't have a FaceFart account. Is Scratch32 from Canada on the list?
Thanks,
Ken
Hello Ken, Unfortunately, Scratch 32 did not make the list,.........as far as I can tell, only 2 North American clubs will be receiving cars, with the vast majority being "Euro" clubs.
Cheers
Chris Walker
Posts: 1,230
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
Quote:Sadly WHO missed out ....
As did B St E. Almost exactly 24 hrs too late!
Never mind. Shan't miss what we never had
Still very generous of NSR. 1000 cars on the way to the lucky recipients!
Posts: 304
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 291 in 158 posts
Likes Given: 51
Joined: Sep 2019
Location Cornwall
What we now need is an NSR sponsored competition bringing all 100 championship winners together for a SuperFinal
Bernie, racing since 1969
Posts: 11
Threads: 5
Likes Received: 27 in 10 posts
Likes Given: 2
Joined: Sep 2020
Location belgium
we were also chosen, in Belgium there are 2 clubs that made it, we are happy to be one of those two.
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
You could run a race at our Worthing track if you wanted an international round!
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
(8th-Jun-21, 01:17 PM)chrisguyw Wrote: Hello Ken, Unfortunately, Scratch 32 did not make the list,.........as far as I can tell, only 2 North American clubs will be receiving cars, with the vast majority being "Euro" clubs.
Cheers
Chris Walker
Hi Chris. Thank you for the heads up.
If out of 100-clubs, only 2 were chosen from North America for a worldwide contest? The evidence clearly suggests NSR had a plan for these cars from the start.
Regardless. I am super happy for all the winners, and hope they all have a blast with their free cars!!!
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,030 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
I think NSR were simply surprised and overwhelmed by the response - I don't think there was any ulterior motive.
They then had to decide how to limit things and going for the first 100 clubs to apply was by far the easiest way. They don't have a big staff and a detailed appraisal of each of the several hundred applications would probably have taken them until Christmas! I guess they could have selected the 100 club from across several global regions (based on local NSR sales, maybe?) to get a more even geographical spread. Maybe next time...
Other manufacturers will, no doubt, be keeping a close eye on how this initiative pans out. There's always the danger clubs will pocket the freebies and appear to go through the motions (there's a history there), but hopefully it will be different this time. A simple local championship fitting in with the club's usual formats is a very achievable aim and understandably excited a lot of clubs worldwide.
Posts: 599
Threads: 49
Likes Received: 447 in 272 posts
Likes Given: 955
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Australia
If anything NSR obtained loads of data for a mailing list
•