Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Cars bought by members in 2021
#81

(8th-Apr-21, 09:50 PM)BARacer Wrote:  Let's go OFF ROAD!



Roll on October...

I'm struggling to release the car from the base! There is a diagram that suggests it's a left hand thread fixing screw, but it's very tight in both directions!

Any tips?

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#82

Ha! Glad I'm not the only one!

I had exactly the same problem.

After multiple frustrating attempts to detach mine in the suggested way I  ended up sawing through the blessed hold-down pin!'

Having done so I found it 'should' only need a quarter turn then pull out - but would it? No!
[+] 1 member Likes Top Down's post
Quote
#83

(10th-Apr-21, 06:59 PM)BARacer Wrote:  
(8th-Apr-21, 09:50 PM)BARacer Wrote:  Let's go OFF ROAD!



Roll on October...
its not a screw 
its a little lug 
turn it through 90 degrees ( either way ) and i will come outa the slot 
I'm struggling to release the car from the base! There is a diagram that suggests it's a left hand thread fixing screw, but it's very tight in both directions!

Any tips?
[+] 1 member Likes OXO cube's post
Quote
#84

wow that didnt work right 
but you get the gist
[+] 1 member Likes OXO cube's post
Quote
#85

(10th-Apr-21, 07:44 PM)OXO cube Wrote:  
(10th-Apr-21, 06:59 PM)BARacer Wrote:  
(8th-Apr-21, 09:50 PM)BARacer Wrote:  Let's go OFF ROAD!



Roll on October...
its not a screw 
its a little lug 
turn it through 90 degrees ( either way ) and i will come outa the slot 
I'm struggling to release the car from the base! There is a diagram that suggests it's a left hand thread fixing screw, but it's very tight in both directions!

Any tips?

That's it. Use a coin to turn it 90°, then the pin will go down and you will have to pull out the car because it is still remaining fixed to the box.
[+] 1 member Likes Marcury's post
Quote
#86

I tried using more effort than I was comfortable with for a plastic toy. 

Think it will be the hacksaw blade solution.

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#87

hehehehe 
this is usually my solution 
a succession of increasingly larger hammers 
always works for me !  Thumbup
[+] 1 member Likes OXO cube's post
Quote
#88

My 2021 new cars :

TTS 1/24 Autobianchi A112 Abarth
[Image: 21041104582125012517360080.jpg]

Mitoos 1/32 VW Touareg
[Image: 21041105160825012517360105.jpg]

Slot.it 1/32 Mercedes 190E DTM
[Image: 21041104582125012517360081.jpg]
[+] 4 members Like Marcury's post
Quote
#89

   
I’m getting worried now, since the proxy Rally Sprint event. These rally cars seem to be getting addictive.
[+] 5 members Like Mazda's post
Quote
#90

Very nice. Bodyshell looks a lot like the Fly 911 though.
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Henk
6th-Jan-26, 07:37 AM
Last Post by Kevan
3rd-Oct-24, 09:59 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)