Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
(8th-Apr-21, 09:50 PM)BARacer Wrote: Let's go OFF ROAD!
Roll on October...
I'm struggling to release the car from the base! There is a diagram that suggests it's a left hand thread fixing screw, but it's very tight in both directions!
Any tips?
I love puttering with gears
•
Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
Ha! Glad I'm not the only one!
I had exactly the same problem.
After multiple frustrating attempts to detach mine in the suggested way I ended up sawing through the blessed hold-down pin!'
Having done so I found it 'should' only need a quarter turn then pull out - but would it? No!
(This post was last modified: 10th-Apr-21, 07:47 PM by
Top Down.)
Posts: 554
Threads: 32
Likes Received: 817 in 363 posts
Likes Given: 197
Joined: Dec 2020
Location burnley UK
(10th-Apr-21, 06:59 PM)BARacer Wrote: (8th-Apr-21, 09:50 PM)BARacer Wrote: Let's go OFF ROAD!
Roll on October...
its not a screw
its a little lug
turn it through 90 degrees ( either way ) and i will come outa the slot
I'm struggling to release the car from the base! There is a diagram that suggests it's a left hand thread fixing screw, but it's very tight in both directions!
Any tips?
Posts: 554
Threads: 32
Likes Received: 817 in 363 posts
Likes Given: 197
Joined: Dec 2020
Location burnley UK
wow that didnt work right
but you get the gist
Posts: 21
Threads: 2
Likes Received: 54 in 19 posts
Likes Given: 24
Joined: Mar 2021
Location Paris region
(10th-Apr-21, 07:44 PM)OXO cube Wrote: (10th-Apr-21, 06:59 PM)BARacer Wrote: (8th-Apr-21, 09:50 PM)BARacer Wrote: Let's go OFF ROAD!
Roll on October...
its not a screw
its a little lug
turn it through 90 degrees ( either way ) and i will come outa the slot
I'm struggling to release the car from the base! There is a diagram that suggests it's a left hand thread fixing screw, but it's very tight in both directions!
Any tips?
That's it. Use a coin to turn it 90°, then the pin will go down and you will have to pull out the car because it is still remaining fixed to the box.
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
I tried using more effort than I was comfortable with for a plastic toy.
Think it will be the hacksaw blade solution.
I love puttering with gears
•
Posts: 554
Threads: 32
Likes Received: 817 in 363 posts
Likes Given: 197
Joined: Dec 2020
Location burnley UK
hehehehe
this is usually my solution
a succession of increasingly larger hammers
always works for me !
Posts: 21
Threads: 2
Likes Received: 54 in 19 posts
Likes Given: 24
Joined: Mar 2021
Location Paris region
My 2021 new cars :
TTS 1/24 Autobianchi A112 Abarth
Mitoos 1/32 VW Touareg
Slot.it 1/32 Mercedes 190E DTM
Posts: 255
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 593 in 217 posts
Likes Given: 255
Joined: May 2020
Location Norfolk
I’m getting worried now, since the proxy Rally Sprint event. These rally cars seem to be getting addictive.
Posts: 86
Threads: 2
Likes Received: 31 in 24 posts
Likes Given: 348
Joined: Apr 2019
Very nice. Bodyshell looks a lot like the Fly 911 though.
•