Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Cars bought by members in 2021
#61

In the meantime .....

These also came from the FOR SALE section on here.

First of all, this little BEAUTY, the Scaleauto Zonda Pagani.
 
One of the mirrors didn't survive transportation but no matter, as it wouldn't survive racing either. Both were given the snip and are now residing in the spares box. The 'transmission' needed a good going over as it seemed to be a factory lemon, pinion rubbing the gear saver, crown slightly off true and rear track offset to one side but nothing unexpected in track prepping a car. It now runs as sweet as a nut on a home Sporttrack oval.

   

From the Beauty, to the BEAST. 

I'm a sucker for off the wall slotcars and at a bargain price couldn't resist this Powerslot Hummer. Both rear wheels were loose in the package on arrival but no matter, as it's going under the knife - in fact is already part way through a transformation. Wrench 
(Maybe it'll appear in 'What's on your Workbench' sometime?)

     

... and finally. 

A couple of Caterham 'Trackday' cars. They required very little cosmetic work and no more than a tweak of the running gear to be 'race ready'.  Yes

   
[+] 4 members Like Top Down's post
Quote
#62

After much delay and concern, Red finally arrived to make an Aussie muscle pairing  Bigsmile

   
[+] 3 members Like Savage GT's post
Quote
#63

Nice  Thumbup
Quote
#64

12 years after the introduction I finally got some, now NOS, Ninco Xlot Porsches. A third one, in Jaegermeister colours, is on it’s way to my German house. Will pick it up when possible and post some pictures here.

   
   

Although it’s tight they fit on my Scalextric layout, time for some door to door banging  Sun
[+] 2 members Like Henk's post
Quote
#65

I like the fact you have a house in Germany JUST to receive deliveries of slot cars...saves having to explain!  Bigsmile

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BAracer's post
Quote
#66

Yes, I deliberately got a job to far away to commute  Cool

And my landlord accepts the packages when I‘m not there Rofl
[+] 2 members Like Henk's post
Quote
#67

Shan't leave you guessing any longer. I've got a bit of a thing for the radical Megane Trophy car - and wild paint jobs - and the two came together in this SCX purchase:

   

It needed a good clean using a damp cloth - plus the stub of the broken roof aerial was nipped off with nail clippers. 

   

It has an independent front end with black plastic stub axles, the ends of which I disguised with a spot of silver paint.

   

Not apparent here but it does have front and rear LED(?) lights. It would benefit from the apertures being silver, as per other releases but doing this retrospectively risks damaging the clear covers. 

   

The deeply recessed side panels with the '25 Ninicar' markings are heat staked separate pieces. I used GS Hypo cement all around the internal mating edges to ensure a secure fit. This also stiffened up the bodyshell. 

   

Have to say, even without running it, I'm really pleased with this head-turner - and there'll be no losing sight of it on track.  Bigsmile

(P.S. Magless of course!)
[+] 3 members Like Top Down's post
Quote
#68

Hi, my name is Tel, and I have a problem ......

When these appeared on the evilbay for auction it was a dilemma because I don't do auctions normally, "buy it now" is my M.O.

But as the postage was only £2 and promised to be combined, I decided to have a go.
Purchased Sunday, courier delivered today £2 for 2 Carrera cars in original boxes, the seller must have taken a hit on that even if it was Hermes !

These will be rebuilt, more or less, as per my other pair.

   

   
[+] 1 member Likes Savage GT's post
Quote
#69

I was thinking earlier that I need our postman to sign a non-disclosure agreement to other family members.

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#70

     
Just received from America. It is a special edition commissioned and signed by Bob Beers.
[+] 3 members Like Mazda's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Henk
6th-Jan-26, 07:37 AM
Last Post by Kevan
3rd-Oct-24, 09:59 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)