1st-Mar-21, 04:33 PM
You have to love these ~70's slice of Nascar with Wings !
But I felt Carrera's execution wasn't quite right, wheels were overscale and the rear in the air like an ostrich burying its head in the sand was so wrong.
All the pics I found showed the cars with no rake, or at best an almost imperceptible amount.
I set to fixing that with the help of an Amato Universal Chassis, some 15.8mm Slot.It wheels fitted with NSR Classic tyres.
Originally I was going to run a Slot.it Flat 6 motor, but as I have a nice collection of NC5's I snagged for around £2 a piece, I thought they would make a nicer choice for home use.
That did mean I had to molest the interior for clearance, but I didn't want to lose all the detail, and I needed part of the interiors for mounting post fixing.so I compromised on raising the floor pan using card and re-attaching a shortened driver and seat, while retaining the roll cage and fire extinguisher.
The benefit was also a little weight saving - before and after:
![[Image: xPwvIrk.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/xPwvIrk.jpg)
![[Image: hscUI0t.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/hscUI0t.jpg)
Every little helps
I cut the posts a fraction shorter than I wanted and screwed them tight to the chassis.
Then after roughening the area the post were going and the top of the post "mushrooms" I glued the post to the body using just enough epoxy to hold it for now.
Then, once dry, I took off the chassis and put a build up of epoxy around the post for extra strength. As per usual, not pretty but that wasn't the priority !
![[Image: rX8Av54.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/rX8Av54.jpg)
As the nosecone and taillights section was also held in by the original chassis, I cut the ends off and used those, slipped a neoprene washer on both chassis mount posts (thats why i cut the posts fractionaly short) added some weight and buttoned it all up.
The neoprene washers in conjunction with some Sloting Plus body screws give it a nice dampened body rock.
![[Image: d45l5Gk.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/d45l5Gk.jpg)
![[Image: 0bhUFof.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/0bhUFof.jpg)
A before and after comparison:
![[Image: spRVEUh.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/spRVEUh.jpg)
![[Image: sxM45yp.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/sxM45yp.jpg)
And some gratuitous pics around my track to finish
![[Image: pQIXMiW.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/pQIXMiW.jpg)
![[Image: bOwqKQq.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/bOwqKQq.jpg)
But I felt Carrera's execution wasn't quite right, wheels were overscale and the rear in the air like an ostrich burying its head in the sand was so wrong.
All the pics I found showed the cars with no rake, or at best an almost imperceptible amount.
I set to fixing that with the help of an Amato Universal Chassis, some 15.8mm Slot.It wheels fitted with NSR Classic tyres.
Originally I was going to run a Slot.it Flat 6 motor, but as I have a nice collection of NC5's I snagged for around £2 a piece, I thought they would make a nicer choice for home use.
That did mean I had to molest the interior for clearance, but I didn't want to lose all the detail, and I needed part of the interiors for mounting post fixing.so I compromised on raising the floor pan using card and re-attaching a shortened driver and seat, while retaining the roll cage and fire extinguisher.
The benefit was also a little weight saving - before and after:
![[Image: xPwvIrk.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/xPwvIrk.jpg)
![[Image: hscUI0t.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/hscUI0t.jpg)
Every little helps
I cut the posts a fraction shorter than I wanted and screwed them tight to the chassis.
Then after roughening the area the post were going and the top of the post "mushrooms" I glued the post to the body using just enough epoxy to hold it for now.
Then, once dry, I took off the chassis and put a build up of epoxy around the post for extra strength. As per usual, not pretty but that wasn't the priority !
![[Image: rX8Av54.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/rX8Av54.jpg)
As the nosecone and taillights section was also held in by the original chassis, I cut the ends off and used those, slipped a neoprene washer on both chassis mount posts (thats why i cut the posts fractionaly short) added some weight and buttoned it all up.
The neoprene washers in conjunction with some Sloting Plus body screws give it a nice dampened body rock.
![[Image: d45l5Gk.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/d45l5Gk.jpg)
![[Image: 0bhUFof.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/0bhUFof.jpg)
A before and after comparison:
![[Image: spRVEUh.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/spRVEUh.jpg)
![[Image: sxM45yp.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/sxM45yp.jpg)
And some gratuitous pics around my track to finish
![[Image: pQIXMiW.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/pQIXMiW.jpg)
![[Image: bOwqKQq.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/bOwqKQq.jpg)

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)