Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Tyres & Parts for Jump Jockey Carts
#1

Hi,
 
I've just picked up a JJ500 Jump Jockey set.
 
I am looking for some new tyres for the carts, plus some other bits.
 
Apparently the tyres are from the minic cars.
 
Does anyone know of anyone or anywhere where I can get parts or even another horse/cart?
 
Thanks in advance

Stevef1964

Wavegreen Beer

Quote
#2

Hello Steve,

As a Triang product it makes sense that the cart is similar to a Minic chassis. 
Minic specialist is here:-  https://minicmotorways.weebly.com/spare-parts.html
They probably know about the tyre situation.

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Quote
#3

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the link.

BTS mouldings don't seem to be contactable now.

And K&R Replicas don't do that size tyre. 10mm x 4.5mm x 3mm.

But, I have managed to get some tyres from http://www.scalextric-car.co.uk - bit expensive though!!

I intend to speak to the guy who does the minic layout at this years UKSF.

Thanks again

Stevef1964

Wavegreen Beer

Quote
#4

BTS were never very reliable, tended to fade in and out cyclically.
Its a while since I saw a Minic car - would small o-rings work?

There is a Minic addict who regularly has a display at the UK Slot Car Festival, hopefully someone knows his name/contact details.

Leo

http://www.ukslotcarfestival.co.uk/exhibitors.htm

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Quote
#5

That's who I was thinking of speaking to.  Thumbup

Stevef1964

Wavegreen Beer

Quote
#6

Have a word with Mr Modifier ..... he makes urethane tyres using an original as a plug to create the mould.
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by KensRedZed
19th-Oct-21, 01:44 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)