Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
SO over the years I have managed to accumulate sets. Started off with the desire to get the same set that started me off way back in 64 - Scalextric GP 33
I have a set that I believe may be the last of its kind - so may be the rarest of them all? You tell me:
Distributed by Beatties and Gamages in the 60's this set was only available on Mail order outside of the uk (this set came from Canada many years ago) . STill has all its docs and cardboard cover. Anyone else ever seen this or know somebody who has one?
Only set that ever carried the Triumph and Sunbeam as the set cars.
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
Then - most of my sets:
Posts: 1,247
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
Nothing to contribute
The only set I ever had was an Airfix MR11. The original with the Cooper and Ferrari. Long gone.
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
I have no sets but I do remember going to Gamages with my dad ,a wonderful store !!!
•
Posts: 1,748
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,597 in 813 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 1,478
Threads: 223
Likes Received: 2,275 in 824 posts
Likes Given: 1,088
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Norfolk, England
I have never collected sets, the cars take up more than enough room without adding giant cardboard boxes to the mix. How much useless track does one person need?
This is the only one I possess:
I also have extension sets, extra bridges and a number of SCX and Avant Slot off road cars. The only reason they are still boxed is that I haven't got any garage space left to set them up!
•
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,030 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
Like CMOTD, I don't collect sets, but I do buy them occasionally. I bought this one last week...
Okay, so it's a My First Scalextric set - why on earth did I buy it? And it wasn't £2 from a boot fair either, it was full price from the Scalextric website...
Believe it or not, it is a piece of HO slot car history - the first set that includes the brand new Micro Scalextric track system with flat rails and much-improved track, chassis and controllers. The Scalextric team have spent the past couple of years overseeing a complete re-vamp of their 1/64 scale brand and I think they've done a fabulous job. I've written a bit about it on SlotRacer Online
here, but I should really do a proper review of the new set - especially with more Warner Brothers sets and individual cars expected over the next few months.
•