Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Back again
#1

Hi all,been out of action lately but want to catch up with things. Can anybody advise on where to get 3d printed split rim wheels in 16.9 x 9mm & 16.9 x 10mm size? Thanx in advance
Quote
#2

Not sure I've seen anyone offering 3D printed wheels of any sort for general sale.

Have you tried asking on the 3DP forum on here?

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#3

What do you mean by split rim?

I've tried 3D printed wheels of various types but the problem is fixing them to the axle. 
Grub screws tear the plastic, threaded inserts cause massive unbalance at speed and so far supergluing is the only method I'm happy with but that makes it a PITA to remove the axle.

I've only tried wheels that I've printed and currently testing a set for an upcoming proxy.

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post
Quote
#4

I am not aware of anyone offering a split rim wheel.


If you want it, it's easy enough to draw up but I would not be confident of concentricity after try to glue them together (why I haven't done it).

It's easy to get round wheels with the original print, and I have seen some two piece wheels on Thingiverse but I have never tried them.
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
26th-Sep-22, 03:21 PM
Last Post by JasonB
23rd-Mar-21, 08:40 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)