Posts: 4,503
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,053 in 1,811 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Formula Juniors returns sounds about right, they're awful quality
That NSR tyre has a mold sprue that just needs nipping off...or grinding off on a sheet of sandpaper with the wheels mounted on the rear axle as a basic basic tyre sander.
...notice I didn't say tyre truer as you can't properly true a tyre unless the axle is rigidly held in place which your hand can't do.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
To be fair to NSR, they didn't say the car was 'ready to win'.
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 599
Threads: 49
Likes Received: 447 in 272 posts
Likes Given: 955
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Australia
I agree the quality of NSR products these past 12 months has seriously eroded and the attitude of support has gotten just as bad....
I've been chasing NSR down since February for replacement wings for both the limited edition cars that arrived bent, there was no damage to the packaging nor shipping packaging so the damage had to have come from the factory.
I've used FaceBook, Messenger and emails all I am getting is the flog off with being told to reach out to support which I've done and the same thing...
I've even had bad moulding with the NSR tyres as others have mentioned with the mould injection points visible and becoming even worse as they wear, again nothing but a brush off.
Certainly makes me rethink this product and manufacturer to the point of redirecting my cash to Revo and Slot.it products for the same if not cheaper price points.
What has changed at NSR? Who has been replaced? Something or someone has changed somewhere.
Posts: 225
Threads: 67
Likes Received: 730 in 185 posts
Likes Given: 36
Joined: Jun 2020
Looks like Thunderslot will be picking up some new business from NSR!
Posts: 4,503
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,053 in 1,811 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
(22nd-Jun-22, 11:08 PM)fotodoug2 Wrote: Looks like Thunderslot will be picking up some new business from NSR!
Depends on the classes you race, not much conflicting between the two manufacturers.
...what we want is a wider range of tyre sizes from Thunderslot, an old Ultragrip equivalent and an old Supergrip equivalent.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•