Posts: 27
Threads: 5
Likes Received: 23 in 10 posts
Likes Given: 4
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Gatwick
Hi,
I've just picked up a JJ500 Jump Jockey set.
I am looking for some new tyres for the carts, plus some other bits.
Apparently the tyres are from the minic cars.
Does anyone know of anyone or anywhere where I can get parts or even another horse/cart?
Thanks in advance
Stevef1964
•
Posts: 1,748
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,598 in 813 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Hello Steve,
As a Triang product it makes sense that the cart is similar to a Minic chassis.
Minic specialist is here:-
https://minicmotorways.weebly.com/spare-parts.html
They probably know about the tyre situation.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•
Posts: 27
Threads: 5
Likes Received: 23 in 10 posts
Likes Given: 4
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Gatwick
Hi Leo,
Thanks for the link.
BTS mouldings don't seem to be contactable now.
And K&R Replicas don't do that size tyre. 10mm x 4.5mm x 3mm.
But, I have managed to get some tyres from
http://www.scalextric-car.co.uk - bit expensive though!!
I intend to speak to the guy who does the minic layout at this years UKSF.
Thanks again
Stevef1964
•
Posts: 1,748
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,598 in 813 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
BTS were never very reliable, tended to fade in and out cyclically.
Its a while since I saw a Minic car - would small o-rings work?
There is a Minic addict who regularly has a display at the UK Slot Car Festival, hopefully someone knows his name/contact details.
Leo
http://www.ukslotcarfestival.co.uk/exhibitors.htm
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•
Posts: 27
Threads: 5
Likes Received: 23 in 10 posts
Likes Given: 4
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Gatwick
That's who I was thinking of speaking to.
Stevef1964
•
Posts: 82
Threads: 12
Likes Received: 62 in 36 posts
Likes Given: 7
Joined: Apr 2019
Location South Oxon, UK
Have a word with Mr Modifier ..... he makes urethane tyres using an original as a plug to create the mould.
•