Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

FDM Print Bed Sheets
#1

I had a 'game changer' moment today, my Prusa came with the smooth sheet which works great with a film of glue stick to help release prints done in PETG based filaments.

Today I received a Prusa textured sheet, changed the sheet type in the printer settings and went through the calibration procedure and adjusted 'live Z' down almost 0.5mm (as this sheet is 0.5mm thinner) then did a test print which is a 100mm square 0.3mm thick (which is really useful for interiors actually)...I took the sheet off the machine to cool down on a cold flat surface, when it was cold the print just gently peeled off the sheet.

No glue stick was used this time...this is going to make life soooooo much easier  Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post
Quote
#2

Yep. I pretty much exclusively use the textured sheets for ABS and PETG. I've never had good luck using them with PLA, though. The smooth sheets is great for PLA, no adhesives needed, but after a while it can help to scuff it up a bit with a ScotchBrite pad.

Just remember to ONLY clean the textured plate with IPA or soapy water. NEVER use acetone on it.

printables.com/@MrFlippant
[+] 2 members Like MrFlippant's post
Quote
#3

Don't worry, the only thing I clean the sheets with is hot water, you don't need soap, grease melts pretty quick in hot running water.

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post
Quote
#4

Eventually, those things will be needed. A fresh PEI sheet will hold just about anything. As printing hours go by, additional cleaning methods will be needed.

printables.com/@MrFlippant
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
4th-Jan-26, 08:33 PM
Last Post by AlexisGaitanis
14th-Mar-20, 09:01 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)