9th-Jan-22, 07:20 AM
Jeremy,
Carbon rear axles are no use at all.
The Carbon is structurally strong along its length but is prone to twist causing the car to weave and "Swerve" out if the slot.
Even using precision bearings (Carbon just doesn't run smoothly in bronze bushes) I never got these to work.
I use titanium slotingplus rear axles but am starting to move toward steel hollow instead after I bent a titanium Axle. BENT! Much softer than I expected.
I can wear the extra 0.75 grams for a steel hollow axle.
I doubt that "magnetic drag" between the motor and axle is a real thing. If the motor's magnets really were able to induce eddy currents in the axle, creating a drag force, the Levitron device wouldn't work.
Carbon rear axles are no use at all.
The Carbon is structurally strong along its length but is prone to twist causing the car to weave and "Swerve" out if the slot.
Even using precision bearings (Carbon just doesn't run smoothly in bronze bushes) I never got these to work.
I use titanium slotingplus rear axles but am starting to move toward steel hollow instead after I bent a titanium Axle. BENT! Much softer than I expected.
I can wear the extra 0.75 grams for a steel hollow axle.
I doubt that "magnetic drag" between the motor and axle is a real thing. If the motor's magnets really were able to induce eddy currents in the axle, creating a drag force, the Levitron device wouldn't work.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)