Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Hydro-dipping
#21

Got to say, those all look great, and after watching the slot car chat demonstration, it doesn't look too hard to do.
But then I went to the website and saw the price of kits ... eek!

Do you need a kit per car, or does one kit do several apart from the actual pattern ?
Or do you just buy the film and activator ?
What size is the film ?
Why do you need 4 inches (10cm) all around larger than the car for the container  ? could you not use something like a 2 litre ice cream/tupperware container ?

Apart from the limited "tiny" patterns on the dipthis website, were would you get other pattern/graphics film suitable for 1/32 cars ?
Quote
#22

I saw the cost of the kits and thought 'eek' as well...than I saw that the film was actually around a fiver, and the only other 'specialist' item Nonfractal seemed to use on the World Wide Chat demonstration was the activator.

And same question as you regarding visualising the pattern on a body. I liked the snakeskin options, but no clues as to the scale of the pattern.

I love puttering with gears
Quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)