Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Sets: Contents, Artwork, show us everything
#1

SO over the years I have managed to accumulate sets. Started off with the desire to get the same set that started me off way back in 64 - Scalextric GP 33

I have a set that I believe may be the last of its kind - so may be the rarest of them all?  You tell me:

Distributed by Beatties and Gamages in the 60's this set was only available on Mail order outside of the uk (this set came from Canada many years ago) . STill has all its docs and cardboard cover. Anyone else ever seen this or know somebody who has one?

   

   

   

   

   


Only set that ever carried the Triumph and Sunbeam as the set cars.
[+] 2 members Like Anthony B's post
Quote
#2

Then I also have the more common  but rarish French set 60 with the Blue aston and Green Ferrari - with lights.

   

   

   

   

I just love the old artwork - now is that nostalgia , or because it is really quite good!!
[+] 1 member Likes Anthony B's post
Quote
#3

Then - most of my sets:

   


   
[+] 1 member Likes Anthony B's post
Quote
#4

Nothing to contribute Tappingfoot

The only set I ever had was an Airfix MR11. The original with the Cooper and Ferrari. Long gone.
[+] 1 member Likes Gordon Steadman's post
Quote
#5

I have no sets but I do remember going to Gamages with my dad ,a wonderful store !!!
Quote
#6

Boxes, but contents have been consumed.

   

   

   

   

   

   

   

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
[+] 2 members Like Scuderia_Turini's post
Quote
#7

I have never collected sets, the cars take up more than enough room without adding giant cardboard boxes to the mix. How much useless track does one person need?

This is the only one I possess:
                                                                                       
I also have extension sets, extra bridges and a number of SCX and Avant Slot off road cars. The only reason they are still boxed is that I haven't got any garage space left to set them up!
Quote
#8

Like CMOTD, I don't collect sets, but I do buy them occasionally. I bought this one last week...

   

Okay, so it's a My First Scalextric set - why on earth did I buy it? And it wasn't £2 from a boot fair either, it was full price from the Scalextric website...

   

Believe it or not, it is a piece of HO slot car history - the first set that includes the brand new Micro Scalextric track system with flat rails and much-improved track, chassis and controllers. The Scalextric team have spent the past couple of years overseeing a complete re-vamp of their 1/64 scale brand and I think they've done a fabulous job. I've written a bit about it on SlotRacer Online here, but I should really do a proper review of the new set - especially with more Warner Brothers sets and individual cars expected over the next few months.
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Ho Lee Kow
27th-Nov-25, 01:23 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)