Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Hello everybody,
Can anyone recommend a current UK supplier for water-slide decal sheets? Looking for someone who has recently bought such and had good experience with creating decals, specifically regarding the thickness of the decals and ease of separation from the backing sheet.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
I would be interested too
Last time I bought - I used Crafty papers good thickness and usability.
Not sure if they are still in business though
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Hello Anthony,
Ditto, I found the Crafty Papers product very good but they are long gone :-(
Yesterday I ordered from "Green Stuff", will report back in due course.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•
Posts: 69
Threads: 4
Likes Received: 151 in 51 posts
Likes Given: 32
Joined: Apr 2019
On my travels, I have come across these people who are a reputable company.
Hayes paper company
I haven't tried it (still using existing stock) but it might be worth giving their stuff a try.
Joel
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Thank you Joel,
I saw the Hayes stuff on Amazon but I have had good experience with plasticard from Green Stuff previously so went to them.
Hayes will be next choice if G.S. sheets are not what I want.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Feedback:
Have found Green Stuff (clear, laser), decal sheet to be top quality. Not too thick but thick enough to be easily handled. They separate from backing sheet quite quickly and slide into place easily.
Very handily they have the sheet type printed on the rear of the sheet, in this case "LASER/CLEAR", "Waterslide Decal Paper".
Many thanks to those who responded.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 69
Threads: 4
Likes Received: 151 in 51 posts
Likes Given: 32
Joined: Apr 2019
Leo, thanks for the tip-off about Green Stuff.
Is the white decal properly white, or a bit thin like so often?
Joel
•