Hello Gents
This is my first "official " post here, so first of all congratulations with setting up the new forum, new beginnings a fresh start
I understand all the concerns mod and administration wise about the wish to keeps things controllable by limiting the edit time.
But I too was a frequent user of the un limited edit permissions I once had on "the Other" forum.
As some of you may know I do tend to write long post, or aas they say in the creative industry "long copy"
I try to create content that will withstand the test of time, as you guys confirmed yourself "Content is King" and is what attracts members.
Writing one post can take me several day's, and very often when someone replies and asks a question on a topic I already posted about I uses the edit function to copy parts, code and HTML form my earlier posts.
As you may know I run my own website with a small forum, there I have the possibilities to give each member a different status with different permissions (like a longer or even indefinite edit time)
I don't know how the ACP on this forum works, but working with privileges might work here as well.
Like for GergK a trader status?
And for members that write "long copy"
Off course such priveliges would have to be earned..and would be subject to cancellation when abused...but that would not be a too hard strain on moderation ;)
With kind regards
Tamar