Follow-up to my Polybutler post. Agreed, expensive but ... bought several years ago in a clearance sale from a German online site. It was actually cheaper, even including quite pricy postage from the Continent, than I could get it for from a Bricks & Mortar store in the UK. I originally bought it for use with RC Buggies but it was 'too small'. The soft pit bags I was already using accomodated more, more easily. Next thought was for HO racing (I wasn't running 1/32 back then) but in this case it was 'too big'. The small cars and parts rattled around in there and the drawers were too deep giving a lot of wasted space. However .... a couple of years ago I started with 1/32 and for that it's 'just right'.
Closed, dangling from the handle is a USB memory stick I use for Race Coordinator maintenance and updates. Not needed for a while but there are still some audio files to transfer onto the club laptop down in Bury St Edmunds. The Chesterfield logo is an old U.S. tobacco sticker. On the right, there's even space below the drawers for a Pendles mailing box on the left and a 'parts tray' on the right - a repurposed Tesco 'Mediterranean Platter' tray. The pair fill that void perfectly - and in them?
The first-step-tyres for improving a basic Scalextric car. Round, true and more grippy than stock - and cheap. These were for home use before I learned they didn't cut it for club racing

. In front, the basic club rules for each class. Good for reference. To the right that Tesco 'parts tray' in close up. From top left clockwise - Comms drops, fibre pen, precision oiler, cotton bud for overspill

and a pencil to go with a Notebook - see later pics. Craft knife blades and a 'clutched' allen key. Below, GS hypo cement for reattaching bits that 'fall' off, two thicknesses of Pendles self adhesive lead sheet and a 9v battery for off-track testing. Finally - blu-tack, good for cleaning cars and adding temporary weight, temporarily re-attaching 'glass', etc. a pencil eraser, track cleaning rubber and a mini-video camera (the black and grey object).
Now for the drawers. The first tier is 'essentials' - various tools in the large compartmentalised drawer - and wheels and tyres in the smaller. To the right 'an 'exploded view' of the smaller drawer, showing a small fishing tackle box with various machine screws and self tappers, etc. for bodies, guides, pods, motors, etc. and behind them some glued and trued wheel tyre/combos as well as various paired Slot.it tyres.
Missing from these pics is my Swiss Army knife The scissors on there have been really useful.
All this might seem as if:
A) I know what I'm doing and
B) It's a huge investment.
Well
A) I don't - but it looks good
B) apart from the fishing tackle box (new from a local Boyes Department Store) all the rest have been 'bargain budget buys' either from sales or sourced second hand. (All those trued and glued wheels and tyres, the various screws and even some of the tools, including the 'ratchet' allen key, along with loads of other useful stuff were in a huge 'getting out of the hobby' lot bought from a slot car forum.)
A walk through the rest of the case to follow .......