Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Info New Guy
#1

Hi! I’m a commercial slot car raceway owner.  I’ve folded up and stored my racetrack which was built for 1:24 flexi car racing.  When I reopen I’m wanting to add scalextrix and carerra racing.  To that end, I’m here to research and learn what will be required to build a sizable track and exactly what I will need to be an attractive destination for racers.
[+] 2 members Like michael.cannonjr's post
Quote
#2

Welcome Wavegreen
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post
Quote
#3

Welcome aboard Michael.

It sounds like you'll have quite a set up. How large are you planning for the layouts, and are they going to be digital or analogue?
Quote
#4

Please understand I am not yet educated on this style of slot car. I've been totally committed to flexi slot car racing so I may not know what I am talking about yet. But, what I imagine is a four lane track occupying at least a 14 to 16 ft square. I don't think I will get much cross over but I do think I will be able to appeal to an entirely different set of racers and want the track to be worth the drive.  So I need to learn about crafting a multilane track, powering it, and designs.  I assume a timing system won't be hard and decorating it looks fun too.
[+] 2 members Like michael.cannonjr's post
Quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)