Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

MiniSprint Racer

Resin 3D printed highly modified Mini Cooper, pod and crew.

Carbon fibre reinforced PETG 3D printed chassis.

Two tone paint, metallic copper then a light spray at the front of metallic gold, it has a slight 'flip paint' effect. Molotow chrome highlights. All covered with two airbrushed layers of Vellejo lacquer.

...rear wheels/tyres are temporary, I'd really like to fit some NSR Special Blacks on smaller diameter wheels. Wheel inserts to be found/modified/resin 3DP.
Front axle will be split and independently rotating axles (it currently has one free spinning wheel captivated by a washer and short piece of brass tube soldered on the end).

This is the third one I've printed, the first was a bit of a disaster which needed a hole in the roof patching and I never got past the all black paint job.
The second was printed for a club mate about a year ago and was flying last week in our Minis & Mustangs race so I decided to revisit the body and tweak the chassis design a little.

Currently it's NSR Shark 25 powered, geared at 8/23 and should be a little rocket.

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 3 members Like Kevan's post

After Slot Rally last Thursday I did a few laps with 'Golden Wonder' and it put a big smile on my face  Cool

A little inspiration from WWSCC recently, 3DP flexy pan chassis.

I must admit it's an idea I've had in mind for two years but never looked at it properly so decided to try a challenging car...the MiniSprint which is only 54mm wide.

0.8mm piano wire (holes needed cleaning out), obviously not cut to length, this is a mock up (that's not a typo  Bigsmile )

The hinges could do with upsizing and a bit of cleaning with a diamond needle file to get the parts to fit freely but here it is:

The original two body mounts were kept to align everything before I decide on the most suitable body mounting route to follow.  I could easily use tape which is dead easy to use...and flexible...and won't break...but not the best looking option.

Pins are right out!

At the moment I'm thinking keep the front body post and add one at the rear of each flexy pan.

[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post

I like where this is going.   I’d be up for final production number 03
[+] 1 member Likes Brumos RSR's post

Minisprint Racer 'flexypan' V2 printing...

[+] 1 member Likes Kevan's post