Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

WRC free with RedBull & WRC apps

The WRC+ subscription has risen this year to £99.99 for the year or £10.99 per month. Okay, that now gives you all the European Rally Championship events too - so good value… if you can spend a lot of time glued to the live coverage.

If, like me, life is a bit too busy to justify the full package - I often ended up only watching a couple of stages and the evening highlights - then there’s a collection of free alternatives available during the weekend…

1. Red Bull TV app

The full 30-minute WRC highlights are available each evening from 9pm UK time. The Red Bull TV app is available on most platforms, including Android, iOS and Fire - plus PlayStations, smart TVs, Amazon TV Firestick etc.

2. WRC app and website - full live timing is available free, as are a number of videos - including the route map and various short previews, features and short snippets of action during the weekend. And - of course - if you want to buy WRC+ to ‘attend’ a specific rally, it’s £10.99. Just don’t forget to cancel your subscription before it renews automatically.

3. WRC YouTube - shakedown is sometimes shown live and there are also most of the free videos from the WRC app and website.

4. DirtFish website and YouTube Channel. Okay, not everyone’s cup of tea, but I do like the enthusiasm and coverage from the American-based DirtFish team. Expect a preview videos, interviews, short highlights each evening and plenty of analysis…

For me, that combination is not a bad package - available when and where is most convenient for you.

Anyone else have other tips?
[+] 4 members Like woodcote's post

Hi Andy,

Nice overview.

I use always Red Bull TV and https://www.rallye-magazin.de/
After the event I watch on You Tube videos made by spectators (often better than professional videos).

In my opinion many camera shots are now too short and good information is lost to make it look more spectacular.
For example, you see the driver pulling the handbrake and you would expect the result of that action. But no, via the next camera shot you see the driver's face. 

Too much time is spent on the predictable interviews at the stop finish, which is the cheapest and easiest way to fill the report.
I think if Walter Röhrl was competing now, he would keep his door closed after a few interviews, getting tired of that endless nonsense.

I like the way Sky Channel covered rallies in the 80's or most 70's rally videos where you could really watch the action with just a few interviews.

Hub Thumbup
[+] 2 members Like rallyhub's post