Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Increasing forum members

I know it’s early days and a bit quiet here - so are you guys going to be publicising Slot Racer.online at Gaydon?

If you are - bring some flyers - I will be more than happy to hand a few out for you as I cruise the show.

[i]Slot cars are not life and death.  They are so much more than that[/i]  Cool

It was discussed, it's probably a great idea, but personally I can't justify spending any more than I have already.

I could fund it if not too expensive, somebody else will have to design it and organise production/delivery though. Quotation anybody? Do we have time to get it done for Gaydon?

I saw this too late... we have a printing press at work and we can print things at cost up to A0 size.
You need a few weeks notice though...
Big Grin 

Not that I'm biased or anything!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 3 members Like Gordon Steadman's post

That will do.  I will print some off and put them out there in Gaydon.

Doesn’t need to be that big - it’s a simple message and a simple URL.  I will probably make them wallet sized!

A couple of other things we can all do:

1) If you add some interesting content here, post a link to the Facebook group - there are 2,000 members there. No all forumites will do Facebook and not all facebookers will do forums, but there will be potential overlap to exploit.

2) If you have your own slot car club or slot car Facebook page, Twitter or Instagram following, promote the new forum - links to specific threads or a general link so people know the new forum is here, worth looking at, joining and contributing to.

There is some fantastic content here - especially Jason’s track plans - let’s share it. A link to the track plan for the F1 race tomorrow might be perfect...
[+] 3 members Like woodcote's post

Gentlemen, at the risk of sounding like I take all this too seriously, I'd really prefer us not to be cocking a snook at SlotForum with anything that goes out with this place's name on it.

That's not our aim here, we've still got good friends over there, and the last thing we want is to create any division within our hobby. I guess I feel a little uncomfortable with the reference to "suits in far away places, profiting by your presence".

So if anybody is kind enough to promote SlotRacer.online, if anybody wants to do us a favour and print off some flyers or whatever, that would be very much appreciated. But could I request that we try to be careful. I don't want to discourage anybody from promoting our new forum, but personally I'd like us to be talking about the benefits of this place without trying to highlight the problems of others.

As Andy has kindly pointed out above, we're beginning to build up some good content, and I'd add Gordon's car plans, and Andy's own ARC instruction manual to that list, amongst others.

So I'd like to suggest the following as something that I'd be happy to go out under our name. Just one of Doug's lovely photos, with the site's name and address.

Obviously it's not up to me what anybody does, But as a polite request, I'd like us not to snipe at SFI in any way, shape or form. We worked really hard for SlotForum, and for the sake of our hobby we wish it continuing success.
[+] 5 members Like JasonB's post

Fair enough.

Classy

I will run a few off in a similar size to a business card.  Image and URL - just enough to pique curiosity....

Many thanks Mr Modifier, much appreciated. Thumbup

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by JasonB
9th-Apr-19, 08:41 AM