Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My name is Gary and I've never tried urethane tyres before

... according to some YouTube comments.

Hello everyone. I got wind that this forum features a calendar, something dear old SFI is critically missing since.. quite a while now.

I am now here!

Your newest newbie, approaching 20 years of forum activity.

Bigsmile
[+] 7 members Like LMP's post

Are you the Gary that races a really noisy BMW slot car???
Bigsmile

I love puttering with gears

Welcome aboard Gary. Wavegreen
[+] 1 member Likes JasonB's post

Hello Gary  Wavegreen

As for not having used urethane tyres…
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

Hello Gary

Can we have a link?

A bit quiet here, but better forum, the other one is now full of fakexperts and people who confuse quantity of replies with quality.

Joel
[+] 4 members Like merkit the grof's post

(2nd-Nov-21, 05:06 PM)BARacer Wrote:  Are you the Gary that races a really noisy BMW slot car???
Bigsmile

Do you know what, I am absolutely stumped as to why that car was such a washing machine.

It was noisy when I first built it, with an avant axel and some less than precise nylon bearings. I’ve never really used those before so I figured that must be the reason.

Since then the car has had a total rebuild with a Slotit axel, gear and brass bearings, a new motor (handout) and STILL makes that noise. I can only put it down to some design element of the motor bracket (maybe?) or some other integral part of the chassis reacting to some vibration or other. 

One thing that was clear when working on the 330 was that it is very different from the other BTCC cars, which is a bit of a pity really. C’mon Scalextric. What are you playing at!

Joel, said comment can be found on this video https://youtu.be/KeSlkPdjLqc

Good to see you here :)
[+] 1 member Likes LMP's post

Welome on board gary - good to have you here!!!

Hello Gary,

Welcome to SlotRacer. Don't believe everything you see on Youtube.   Sun

They make tires out of urethane now?  Rofl

[+] 1 member Likes KensRedZed's post

(2nd-Nov-21, 06:48 PM)LMP Wrote:  Joel, said comment can be found on this video https://youtu.be/KeSlkPdjLqc

I just LOVE it when people completely miss the point of a video or post, and just blather on about whatever they think they know best.

I'd say welcome to the site, but I'm barely here myself. ;-)
[+] 1 member Likes MrFlippant's post

Welcome Gary
I've been on here since slotforum lost a lot of content from its galleries, pre pandemic.
I find that slotforum has more posted  content but slotracer has better quality 

Kicking off with a contentious topic on tyres there...

I use urethane and rubber depending on the particular rules of the club or event. 
Most of the nascot wood racers have also never used urethane but that is primarily due to the club track (ninco) which is far too grainy and abrasive for urethanes. 

London slot car club (wood green) is a urethane-only club running on painted scaley sport. 
If you are ever in North, london on  a Tuesday night , look us up. 
I'll lend you a set of prepared tyres on wheels or a prepared car.
You'll find LSCC on the clubs page on this forum.

AlanW
[+] 1 member Likes Nonfractal's post