Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Avant Slot Subaru WRX STI Cosworth - Staffs Slot Cars Exclusive

Staffs Slot Cars UK have commissioned Avant Slot to make 75 units of a special Subaru WRX STI Cosworth model - that's also the number of cars built by Cosworth in 2010. The Avant Slot models will be available exclusively from Staffs Slot Cars UK - if you want to find out more and reserve your car, contact Staffs on Facebook or email staffsslotcarsuk@virginmedia.com. The 75 cars are due to arrive in the country within the next two weeks.

The Cosworth Impreza WRX STI CS400 boasted performance figures of 0–62 mph in 3.7 seconds and a quarter-mile in 12.75 seconds - significantly quicker than the standard STI. The STI’s 2.5-litre flat-four DOHC boxer engine was fitted with F1-spec strengthened pistons, rods, head studs, gaskets and a higher pressure oil pump. The result was a huge increase in torque higher up the rev range, and significantly improved acceleration.  This not only made the Impreza more fun for day-to-day road use, but also a beast on the race track. Cosworth also added a larger in-house turbocharger, bigger manifolds and larger-diameter exhausts.

After the Cosworth performance upgrade - which included an ECU re-map - the boxer engine in the CS400 generates 33 per cent more power (400 ps at 5,750 rpm, compared with 300 ps at 6,000 rpm for the standard Impreza WRX STI) and 542 Nm of torque, which remained within the torque capacity of the original Impreza drivetrain. Here's some pics of the original Subaru Cosworth presentation car...

The suspension was stiffened with Eibach springs and Bilstein dampers and lowered half an inch in front. The front brakes were upgraded to 13.9-inch AP Racing discs with six-piston calipers, while the rears remained stock. Michelin SP3 tires were fitted on lightweight 18-inch wheels, finished in anthracite grey.

Marketed exclusively in the UK, the Cosworth Impreza STI CS400 was available in a choice of three colours - Spark Silver, Dark Grey and San Remo Red - and was priced from £49,995 on-the-road. This is what Auto Express thought of it...

The great thing about slot cars is that we can own all four of those Imprezas - and drive them as hard as we like.

Here's a lap round Anglesey in the Cosworth STI...

The Avant Slot Cosworth Impreza WRX STI CS400 will be available very soon. Don't forget there are only 75 of these very special cars being made and you'll need to contact Staffs Slot Cars directly to enquire about price and availability.
[+] 5 members Like woodcote's post

Mine is reserved Sun
[+] 1 member Likes Qman's post

Here it is...

The Impreza Cosworths have arrived at Staffs Slot Cars UK...

If you want one - or to find out more - drop Steve an email at staffsslotcarsuk@virginmedia.com
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

I cannot find a spec sheet for this version, or the two 'production' models, anywhere. It would be good to know where they were with regards to the standard rally regs, i.e. motor configuration etc.

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BARacer's post

Email Steve - he'll let you know. I suspect it's the same underneath as the two rally cars released at the same time, but Steve will know for sure.

I cannot find any tech on those two either...

Looks like inline belt 4WD: Avant Slot Subaru Impreza RB Travis Pastrana (AS51010) (pendleslotracing.co.uk)

Thanks... Im sure that wasn't there yesterday!

I think they specced it up when it came out of pre-order status.

Does it have headlights and taillights?

Nope.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by woodcote
18th-Nov-21, 08:03 AM
Last Post by Kevan
6th-Nov-21, 10:19 PM