Posts: 1,478
Threads: 223
Likes Received: 2,275 in 824 posts
Likes Given: 1,088
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Norfolk, England
I have just bought a mini tripod for my camera.
LINK
It is a good solid bit of kit and I am happy with the transaction but I really don't understand how people make a profit on the item. It cost £2.99 all in and was sent 1st class Royal Mail. The postage alone would have cost £1.29, add on eBay/PayPal fees and there surely must be next to nothing left for the seller.
I am not complaining - just puzzled.
•
Posts: 539
Threads: 22
Likes Received: 829 in 380 posts
Likes Given: 348
Joined: Jun 2019
How? No idea at all..!
I ordered a toilet roll holder the other day, cheap like hell, FREE delivery
Arrived on the SAME day that I ordered it.
How this is possible is beyond me.
Alan
•
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Its the mysteries of Royal Mail Service - how do they process First Class versus Second Class post?
I recently had to urgently send a small parcel to Brighton (from Edinburgh) and at only a small cost above First Class, it was delivered pre-1pm on a Saturday.
It would be interesting to hear from a Royal Mail/Parcelforce spokes-person about cost transfers for post from China (and other nations) to UK addresses works. That is how do R-Mail cover their costs in the UK and what do they pay towards a delivery from the UK to China?
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
I'm fairly certain it can be solved by applying the "Juicedratic Equation"
•