Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Scalextric stockist search
#1

Scalextric have revamped their website recently. If you fancy a laugh try using their 'stockist search' facility. LINK
It informs me that the only Scalextric stockist within 50 miles of my home town of King's Lynn is the Imperial War Museum at Duxford, Cambs! Rofl Rofl 
King's Lynn has  two, Ely has one and Norwich has at least two but they don't exist in Hornby's strange world. In fact, vast swathes of the UK apparently have no stockists of any Hornby product, including Birmingham and Liverpool! Pendle Slot and MRE are also notable by their absence.
[+] 1 member Likes CMOTD's post
Quote
#2

Sean and Gary will be surprised to find they don't exist. Rofl
Quote
#3

Seems Chesterfield's nearest stockist is Duxford too  Bigsmile
Quote
#4
Wink 

Distances seem to be "as the crow flies" ?
Quote
#5

Yep, The Imperial War Museum is now my nearest stockist. Cannot wait until the lockdown ends and I can visit.

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Quote
#6

If you live in the South East you are spoilt for choice though. You can apparently stock up on Scalextric at the VW and Porsche Heritage parts centre in Shoreham, the Battle of Britain museum in Folkestone and a garden centre in Sedlescombe. Wrench
Quote
#7

Ref Scalextric in Ely:
City Cycle Centre used to, but before xmas I popped in to have a look and there were only a handful of sets, and no cars.
When I enquired they said they were phasing out scalextric from their stock.
Or is there another in Ely ?
Quote
#8

Not been there since lockdown so didn't know that! They were always more into choo choo trains but stocked a variety of slot car makes for many years.
Quote
#9

Off at a tangent - what happened to Swaton Raceway. They were an early on-line seller and I got several cars from them. They were good to deal with, but then they vanished. (I think they were based near King's Lynn)

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Quote
#10

Swaton were in South Lincolnshire, near Bourne I think. It closed in January 2008. Jason Wright, the owner, wrote an article all about his reasons for closing in the February 2008 issue of the NSCC Journal. Basically he couldn't compete with eBay and the rash of part time dealers. Unfortunately there is a glitch with the online copy and it won't load. I will see if I can find my own pdf copy for you. The associated club carried on for a while but I think that is also long gone.
[+] 1 member Likes CMOTD's post
Quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)