Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

HO Drag Proxy 17-18 November RACE REPORT

The start of our five-date Winter Series is not far away! The first event of the re-jigged format is NHRA-themed - featuring Micro Scalextric Street Stock, Micro Scalextric Super Stock 6.0, NHRA 4-Gear Pro-Stock + Funny Car - and some NHRA Top Fuel match-racing. Qualifying is on Tuesday 17 November, racing on Wednesday 18 November and all the coverage is right here on SlotRacer Online.

The full regulations and format are in the Winter Series Preview thread here.

The Track: The Rock County Eighth Mile is a seven-foot timed strip (1/8 mile in true HO scale) made from the new 2019 Micro Scalextric sectional track. Cars must be fitted with braids to run on this track. Power for the first event is 12 volts, 4 amps per lane. Power to both lanes is triggered by a single switch firing a 2-channel relay board. Timing is Trackmate Drag Basic. There is a two-foot shutdown with dynamic braking and a well-padded catch box.

Sending cars: Aim for your cars to arrive in Brighton by the previous Saturday (14 Nov) so they can be quarantined and then registered for qualifying on Tuesday. Please also pack in a small box (max height 7.5cm if possible) and pay for your postage online so no-one needs to go near a post office. These races are designed to be full-on social distancing events that are accessible to everyone in these difficult times and can continue during local or national lockdowns.

How to enter: Add a reply with your interest and the classes you'll be entering - one car per class per person. Family members and friends are very welcome to enter too. I will message you with the address to send cars to. You will need to pay for return postage. Otherwise there is no race fee.

Entries Race #6 - 17-18 November 2020

Micro Scalextric Street Stock: Clive, Iain, Dave, Hank, Al, Bill, Rebecca, Andy, Jeremy, Jane, Pete, Sue, Jerome, Alan, Laura

Micro Scalextric Super Stock 6.0: Clive, Iain, Dave, Al, Bill, Hank, Rebecca, Andy, Jeremy, Jane, Alan

NHRA 4-Gear Pro Stock & Funny Car: Clive, Iain, Rebecca, Andy, Pete & Jerome, Alan

NHRA Top Fuel match-racing: Clive, Rebecca, Andy, Alan
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post

Hi Andy, Please put me in for one car in each class. My cars will be with you this week so they can be in isolation for a few days. Thumbup
[+] 2 members Like Mazda's post

It's Street Stock and Super Stock 6.0 for The Sunshine Coast Crew out East.

I love puttering with gears
[+] 2 members Like BARacer's post

Pete, Sue and Jerome
Looking forward to the race. Jerome really wants to beat his mum this time.
[+] 2 members Like pj racing's post

The usual crew will be on their way tomorrow. Hot Mustard has had a full under body upgrade for the new pro class, the others have just had a service and are ready for the winter season.

Hope everybody is ready for the fun.

Alan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 2 members Like Pondiless's post

[attachment=9944]

The usual crew will be on their way tomorrow. Hot Mustard has had a full under body upgrade for the new pro class, the others have just had a service and are ready for the winter season.

Hope everybody is ready for the fun.

Alan
[+] 1 member Likes Pondiless's post

Please sign me up for one in the MS Super Stock and one in the Nostalgia Funny Car class.  The Street Stock car is already signed up and on hand.

Do you think they are likely to make it if shipped on Thursday?

Thanks,
Bill
[+] 1 member Likes Ecbill's post

That’s great Bill  Thumbup

Most parcels are getting here Airmail from the US in 6-10 days, so definitely give it a try! You have my postal address don’t you?

My cars are on the way along with the four entries for Knoxville.
I hope the weather isn’t to cold for the crew to have some time on the beach. Atleast they can get a stick of Brighton rock Bigsmile.
[+] 3 members Like Mazda's post

(4th-Nov-20, 07:47 AM)woodcote Wrote:  That’s great Bill  Thumbup

Most parcels are getting here Airmail from the US in 6-10 days, so definitely give it a try! You have my postal address don’t you?
I have Clive’s address.  If you are hosting the race, yours would be better.

Thought I saw it here last night but not seeing I now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post