Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Scalextric Classic Mini 20t Contrate Gear
#1

As per the thread title, I need one of these as this one is cracked and is not a happy runner!

   

Any assistance gratefully received!

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#2

Well getting it off means pulling off the press-on wheels.. were you thinking of replacing the axles wheels, gears and all?
Quote
#3

Whatever it takes, I have a proxy to enter!

(I have already had a wheel off as I tried fitting some aluminium ones, but they were too wide)

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#4

Proxy?  I might have a complete spare axle.  But I'm not sure I should put the kettle on for us just yet.  Toronto, Canada is a small fishing village of about 6.2 million people.  I'm the 4th igloo on the left. Nanook and his kayak might not get it there in time. Shipping across the pond is insanely slow these days, and just got a lot slower again.
Quote
#5

Ken

I take back everything I said about your 4A, and take your axle, however long the tramp steamer journey is.

Jeremy

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#6

Does the Proxy say everything has to ne stock?
Quote
#7

Good point...it's the Wye Valley Proxy Rally as announced in the events section on this site.

Just checked, and gears are free, although I am just looking to replace like with like.

You got something DVD...?

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#8

The stock axle has never seen any track time. I removed the original chassis new, and installed a scratch chassis with 10x23 Slot It gears and roller bearings instead. I also upgraded the 10" inch plastic wheels to 13" inch aluminum.

The original crown is poorly designed and will always destroy itself. You can have it for free if I don't need to take out a bank loan to ship it to you.

   
Quote
#9

Red Zed Ken

PM sent...

Cheers

Jeremy

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#10

And I'm not as brave as you...this is as far as I got with my customisation before reverting back to standard!

   

I love puttering with gears
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Johno
20th-Sep-23, 01:14 PM
Last Post by 964rh
3rd-Feb-23, 09:50 AM
Last Post by 964rh
27th-Jan-23, 07:18 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)