Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Racewarsuk.co.uk uk's only commercial raceway?

last Friday, a bunch of nascot wooders headed up to milton keynes for an evening.
Nascot wood is still closed because the school hall is not available to us because of the pandemic.
A really good night out. 
Slot cars and a bar! 
Several tracks.mainly wood, including a legacy  BSCRA national track.
£13 per hour per person. We stayed for 2 hours.

Is this the only commercial raceway the uk? 

Racewarsuk.co.uk
[+] 1 member Likes Nonfractal's post

Pinewood Raceway is another.

I got MRE's newsletter today, Gary was not impressed by the cars provided at Racewars. How did you find them?
[+] 1 member Likes CMOTD's post

"But the potential is there if someone with the knowledge to make the cars driveable is willing to take the challenge.........."

Sounds like someone needs to have a chat to the owners and introduce them to Ortmann, Paul Gage or MJK tyres. 

Each offer good tyres to suit the Carrera 1/24 cars. The cars go well with a tyre change. We Carrera 1/24 regularly 
DM
[+] 1 member Likes GT40Racer's post

Its fair to say that the provided cars were a challenge. 
Racewars is set up so that everything is provided .
This way , corporate events can be hosted. 

However, I got there a little early and rammed a few of my own cars around the lighthouse track with my own controller. The most enjoyable to drive was the policar lotus classic f1. The Long can motored cars were unable to put the power down, spinning up the wheels with the slightest provocation.  I'm guessing that the track surface needed wiping down. I tried F22, NSR Ultra, NSRred and and Ortmanns. F22 seemed to work best. 

If the club heads up to racewars again, we will choose a class of racing and take our own cars and controllers.
The challenge will be adapting the cars for wood racing (Nascot is Ninco track) and adjusting the guides for the recessed copper braided track rails. 

The big learning from the evening was how much time we normally waste on a club night, barely managing 6x3 minute races per member over the whole evening,
At racewars, race control is automated. If you're late, you'll miss the start. 
We did 6x3minutes on 3 tracks. Three times the racetime we normally get. 

Racewars provided a dedicated member of staff per track for advice and marshaling.
The bar was well stocked. The parking was 50p for the whole evening.

The biggest benefit of using this venu is the sheer floorspace they have. 
This would be a great venue for inter club,  national and international events.

Alan
[+] 1 member Likes Nonfractal's post

There is another commercial raceway in Spalding LINK. Not that far from me, must have a look sometime.

Best commercial one I have ever played on was in Atlanta, Georgia. LINK

Looks a great place but sounds like they need a bit of advice omn preparing cars and cleaning the track.

£13 an hour is expensive but that is a huge floorspace to pay for and I hope they get enough punters through the door to make it a success.

£13 an hour and you have to pay extra to park? Tappingfoot

I am planning to go here in the near future. 

I have a proxy car that I want to test out on a wooden track. They have said I can take my own car (not sure about controller) and run it there...they said in a race, but maybe if I choose my time carefully I can do a bit of solo running and assess how the car goes.

They do seem to have a good selection of different tracks.

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BARacer's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by slotn77
7th-Nov-23, 07:34 AM
Last Post by andyc16
12th-May-23, 02:31 PM