Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

News BTCC back this Sunday......

.....with spectators. Wrench 

BTCC starts its season this Sunday August 2nd at Donington Park. Spectators welcome - with restrictions:
Reduced capacity.
Advance ticket only. On sale till Friday 31st July.
Paddock and pits out of bounds.
Social distancing measures to be followed.

Date clash with British GP irrelevant as that is behind closed doors. All MSV circuits are now up and running with spectators but Silverstone are not selling tickets for any event until September at the earliest. Why not? Because it is run by the BRDC who are about as much use as a one legged man at an arse kicking party!
[+] 2 members Like CMOTD's post

Thought that was great news - went to the site to book a ticket to find this:

"We are incredibly disappointed to inform BTCC fans that we will be unable to allow spectators to attend this weekend's (1/2 August) British Touring Car event at Donington Park after all."

There's a lot more but basically, it's behind closed doors too  Tappingfoot

http://news.msv.com/msv-announcement-no-...-park.aspx

Bugger!
Sad 

Must admit I was a bit deflated too

Hopefully it'll be televised a week or two later though  Cool

ITV4 is showing it live and ITV4+1 one hour later.
The highlights will be on in the night from Wednesday to Thursday 23:45 ITV and of course an hour later on ITV+1

For us FreeSAT viewer the ITV highlights are in HD...

Usually the support races (Formula 4, Ginetta Series, Porsche Carrera Cup) are shown on Motorsport UK on ITV4 and ITV about a week later but so far they have not shown up on my EPG (I use a non-FreeSAT branded satellite receiver so I have to use an APP)

The F1 highlights are on Channel 4 at 23:45 which is more than enough coverage of the Mercedes² + Verstappen parade...

All times UK times...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by dvd3500
3rd-Jul-20, 03:27 PM