Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HO Drag Proxy June 2020 SIGN-UP

Running on Tuesday & Wednesday 9-10 June, this is the first HO Drag Proxy of the summer down on the South Coast.

Qualifying is Tuesday and then the Eliminators are Wednesday evening with coverage here on SlotRacer Online.

There are more details about the monthly proxy drag racing series here: https://slotracer.online/community/showt...p?tid=1256

We will be running three classes:

• Micro Scalextric Street Stock - regs here.
  • Micro Scalextric Super Stock - regs here.
  • T-Jet Nostalgia Super Stock - regs here.

If you have an Auto World 'Legends of the Quarter Mile' 4-Gear Funny Car, send it along and we'll arrange some match-racing. The match-race cars will need to be 100% stock - apart from adding braid to the pick-ups (I can do this, if you prefer) and replacement slip-on rear tyres.

The Track: The Rock County Eighth Mile is a seven foot timed strip (1/8 mile in true HO scale) made from the new 2019 Micro Scalextric sectional track. Cars must be fitted with braids to run on this track. Power for the first event is 12 volts, 4 amps per lane. Power to both lanes is triggered by a single switch firing a 2-channel relay board. Timing is Trackmate Drag Basic. There is a two-foot shutdown with dynamic braking and a well-padded catch box.

Sending cars: Aim for your cars to arrive in Brighton by the previous Saturday (6 June) so they can be quarantined and then registered for qualifying on Tuesday. Please also pack in a small box (max height 7.5cm) and pay for your postage online so no-one needs to go near a post office. These races are designed to be full-on social distancing events that are accessible even to those shielding at home.

How to enter: Add a reply with your interest and the classes you'll be entering - one car per class per person. Family members and friends are very welcome to enter too. I will message  you with the address to send cars to. You will need to pay for return postage. Otherwise there is no race fee.

Entries - June 9 & 10

Micro Scalextric Street Stock: Andy, Rebecca, Gareth, Dylan W, Jane, Jeremy, Leo, Clive, Alan, Peter, Jerome, Terry, Doug, David, Noah, Dylan P (16)

Micro Scalextric Super Stock: Andy, Rebecca, Clive, Alan, Leo, Terry (6)

T-Jet Nostalgia Super Stock: Andy, Rebecca, Gareth, Clive, Alan, Doug, Noah, Dylan P (8)

AW Legends Funny Car match racing: Rebecca ("Cha Cha" Muldowney Ford Mustang), Clive ("Li’l Hoss" Capri), Doug ("Blue Max" Ford Mustang), Andy ("Fighting Irish" Chevy Camaro)
[+] 3 members Like woodcote's post

Thanks Andy,
I'm not sure about making it for the trial as Royal Mail are taking about twice as long as normal to bring stuff north, so presumably the same or worse going south. Definitely OK for June.  (Just waiting for tyres to arrive).

How do we pay the shipping fee? I'm assuming PayPal.

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
[+] 1 member Likes Scuderia_Turini's post

Yes, the post is working okay-ish. I think a cautious seven working days for anything to get anywhere on the UK mainland is a good idea at the moment.

PayPal would work best for me - I can then buy the postage by PayPal too. I'll ask when I receive people's cars, not before.

The first arrivals for this inaugural  event have arrived in Brighton and have just cleared quarantine...

Leo's Street Stock 'Santa Pod' Jaguar looks the part 

Alan has done a very nice paint job on both his Camel Mercedes and the 'Hot Mustard' Jaguar - one each for Street Stock and Super Stock, plus a Mercury Cougar T-Jet entry planned for July.

Gareth's Aston Martin will be running in Street Stock and his '62 Chevy is the first T-Jet Nostalgia Super Stock car to arrive.

Dylan's 'Bill Richards' Lightning GT will definitely be eye-catching in Street Stock.

There are more cars on their way and others leaving things to the last minute. Cars need to arrive by lunchtime on Monday 8 June - just two weeks away. These first parcels took 3-4 days from posting to being delivered.
[+] 4 members Like woodcote's post

I'll be getting together everything for the first event in the next 14 days. The medals for the class winners for the five events have arrived already...

Both Jadlams and Super Tires will be sending a few goodies as sponsors of the summer series...

At the moment, we have eleven confirmed entries for Street Stock, five for Super Stock and four T-Jet Nostalgia Super Stockers. Plus a 4Gear Nostalgia Funny Car is waiting for someone to match race...

There are plenty more cars in all the classes that have been promised - will they be ready for this first event?
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post

Andy - match racing class entry/entries, still to be determined.
[+] 2 members Like Top Down's post

Andy, My cars will be on the way. I would like to take up the challenge for the 4 gear funny car. I will send my Capri funny car “Li’l Hoss” it is running an AFX Speciality Magnatraction chassis.
Really looking forward to the event.
[+] 2 members Like Mazda's post

2no. street stock cars just put in the post to you.

I decorated my car listening to the news over the weekend, so is rather a bold theme. In contrast, my wife has done a rather good job on hers...

Hopefully they will move when you pass electricity through them!

I love puttering with gears
[+] 2 members Like BourneAgainRacer's post

The boxes from Jeremy and Clive arrived today and are in quarantine. More are on their way from Worthing and Chesterfield.

The number of confirmed entries (updated in the opening thread) is now up to the magic sixteen in Micro Scalextric Street Stock, four in Micro Scalextric Super Stock and an exciting nine in T-Jet Nostalgia Super Stock. There are also three Nostalgia Funny Cars confirmed for the match racing, with another couple of possibilities out there.

If you're aiming to get cars on the line for this first event, you want to be getting them in the post by next Friday (5 June) at the very latest. All the parcels so far have taken 3-4 working days to get here, even those posted in BN post codes.
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post

And here are those pics, starting with Jeremy's Bugatti Veyron tribute to the NHS and Prostate Cancer UK...

Jane's handiwork on her Veyron is wonderful...

Clive sent four cars - first up a Mercedes for Street Stock and a Nissan 350Z for Super Stock (look closely and you'll see a wheelie bar)...

Then there's the lovely Auto World 'Legends of the Quarter Mile' Bill Lawton Tasca Ford Thunderbolt - a genuinely legendary 1964 Super Stock car...

Clive's entry for some 4-Gear match racing is his sensational Li'l Hoss Ford Capri Funny Car...

That is a beautiful custom body!

And finally for this group of arrivals is a surprise - Alan's T-Jet Super Stock entry is a month early!

And it's a very classy '71 Camaro custom.

Cars from Peter, Jerome and Rebecca all arrived at the weekend and I'll post those later. A package from Chesterfield - containing cars for Doug, David, Noah and Dylan P - is on its way.
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post