Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Crash barriers

About Ninco track, has anyone sucessfully used non Ninco crash barriers on this. I can't get any grey Ninco barriers.

I can double check later but I think Ninco is something like .5 mm thicker than Scalextric/SCX making it OK to put Ninco on SCX/Sclaextric but not the other way around.
Having said that, the very rare clips and barriers pack from Scalextric does not actually have a "tongue" to go on top of the track and should work. Worst case would be you have to use a saw to make the gap a little larger. They are, however very rare....

I think Carrera is a similar thickness bot not 100% sure. I personally don't like the Carrera barriers much though. Here in Europe (Germany) there is a brand called Cartronic that makes nice borders that ought to fit but that might not be an option for you...

In a pinch, you can take 5-8 mm thick foam rubber (available in many colors) and glue or use a drill and a washer/screw combo and attach them directly to the track. If you glue printed advertising onto the foam rubber (be careful, most glue will not work/or will damage the foam rubber) it doesn't even look half bad.

Advantage is you can cut to length and make it any height.

There are also options out there with rain gutter mesh, fine mesh grating and even things found in food packaging!

The Scalextric C8212 barriers have been re-released. They are in stock on the Scalextric website, Pendles, Wonderland and Jadlams in the UK. Also Electric Dreams in the US - who say on their listing that they are equivalent to the Ninco 10219.
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

Do the Scalextric C8212 clips lock on to the track edge or are they only held in place by the track resting on top of them?

Photos suggest the latter arrangement.

Leo

Edit:  Found a topic on the old forum that confirms that the clips are a bit fiddly to work with and apparently are specified as for use on straights.  If its a permanent layout it might be possible to screw the clips in place.

Linky

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com

How many do you need? I have some laying around, will check later today how much I have, if I remember well I bought 2 packs of 10. There all used but in good shape.

(18th-Apr-20, 12:10 PM)Henk Wrote:  How many do you need? I have some laying around, will check later today how much I have, if I remember well I bought 2 packs of 10. There all used but in good shape.
I will buy as many as you want to sell! Am in the UK so postage won't be an issue.

Thanks for all the replies. I change my Ninco layouts now and then so a fixed solution is not workable. I was hoping someone with Ninco will have used other make barriers and sfound them to be worthwhile getting. I have never seen Cartronic barriers but will search...
[+] 1 member Likes Ho Lee Kow's post

And if Henk can't get you enough - groups of 10
[Image: barriers2.jpg]

6 packs of the high walls

[Image: barriers1.jpg]

Other stuff I dug out while i was sorting some track out for a guys yesterday

[Image: heap1.jpg]
[+] 1 member Likes slotloco's post

I got sick, no the virus, got back to work and completely forgot about this.

I’ve counted 30 of which 2 where altered.

I live in the Netherlands but I think it will fit in a large “bubble wrap” envelope.

If you still want them let me know, I guess GBP15 (Paypal as a friend) will cover it :)

[quote pid='7853' dateline='1589784285']
I’ve counted 30 of which 2 where altered. I live in the Netherlands but I think it will fit in a large “bubble wrap” envelope. If you still want them let me know, I guess GBP15 (Paypal as a friend) will cover it :)
[/quote]
I have bought some from NZ, but thanks anyway. I feel sure there must be another brand that fits Ninco track. The Policar guard rails look to have a similar design as Ninco.