Posts: 1,247
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
I
've been trawling through hundred of fonts, so far without success. I thought I recognised the script but although I have something close, it ain't exact.
If anyone knows what Cummins used or just recognises the font I would be very pleased to know what it is
I appreciate that it will have been signwritten but I would expect them to use the company font. Theproblem is finding that as the modern one is very different.
•
Posts: 137
Threads: 9
Likes Received: 199 in 101 posts
Likes Given: 70
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Gouda, The Netherlands
Dear Gordon
As it was indeed manually signwritten on the car, best way to proceed would be to trace the picture in Adobe illustrator or an other vector based program like corral draw etc etc.
You only need to draw 8 letters of the Cummins Diesel logo.
The "scripted" Special is a bit of guess work for what type of "a" they used...but if you can't find a better reference...nobody else will too.
In the land of the blind..the one eye is king
Shouldn't be more than an hour(s) work.
With kind regards
Tamar
(This post was last modified: 9th-Aug-20, 08:15 PM by
Tamar.)
•
Posts: 1,748
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,597 in 813 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Hello Gordon,
I found "
Normative Pro Black Italic" but not for free.
I have done a bit of tidying from your supplied image. Can do mor if no-one comes up with a Font. Reduced to 1:32 size it will probably be OK.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
I can't find a font that matches, but as Tamar said it's likely hand painted. It certainly doesn't match the traditional Cummins typeface which is apparently Helvetica Neue 85 Heavy.
Nice work from Leo, that slightly larger "S" in diesel is very distinctive.
Looking at photos of the car though, it seems they used a backwards slanting typeface as well as the traditional italic, at different times.
•
Posts: 1,247
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
Yup, I was a bit surprised to see the had it sloping the other way on the other side!!
This was my attempt in InDesign. I've found a reasonably close script now to replace the one below.
•
Posts: 1,247
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
(9th-Aug-20, 08:27 PM)Scuderia_Turini Wrote: Hello Gordon,
I found "Normative Pro Black Italic" but not for free.
I have done a bit of tidying from your supplied image. Can do mor if no-one comes up with a Font. Reduced to 1:32 size it will probably be OK.
Leo
Thanks Leo, that looks great, especially those distinctive 'M's. I'll use that. The car is 24th scale.
•
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
What full size car is that Gordon?
•
Posts: 1,247
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
(10th-Aug-20, 07:37 PM)abie321 Wrote: What full size car is that Gordon?
See post No5
•
Posts: 1,247
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
Surprisingly Anthony, it's the Cummins Diesel special
•
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
Pffft - whats that?? Its not red!!
•