Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
We need observations like this to lighten the mood at the moment
Steve
Posts: 1,478
Threads: 223
Likes Received: 2,275 in 824 posts
Likes Given: 1,088
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Norfolk, England
With the virus situation deteriorating at Conington Park I have had to call in some outside help from International Rescue. Scott and Virgil are on standby to evacuate casualties:
The Superheroes have also heard the call for assistance:
(This post was last modified: 23rd-Mar-20, 10:41 AM by
CMOTD.)
Posts: 2,511
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
That's a world I would love to be living in at the moment.
•
Posts: 882
Threads: 51
Likes Received: 2,386 in 709 posts
Likes Given: 2,634
Joined: Apr 2019
Location The Netherlands
(23rd-Mar-20, 11:45 AM)BourneAgainRacer Wrote: That's a world I would love to be living in at the moment.
Well, in that world both Superheroes cannot spot the enemy either, but maybe they can reasure the crowd.

On the other hand, staying six feet away from them is not save enough for staying alive.
(This post was last modified: 23rd-Mar-20, 03:11 PM by
rallyhub.)
•
Posts: 1,478
Threads: 223
Likes Received: 2,275 in 824 posts
Likes Given: 1,088
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Norfolk, England
It is amazing what you find when you are looking for something else. I hadn't quite finished the podium as the little people were in danger of falling over the edge:
I hadn't been able to find any suitably sized barriers but I was up in the loft yesterday looking for a mislaid computer lead and came across some long forgotten toy soldiers plus some military fences:
Just the right size once the barbed wire was trimmed off so the podium is now fully compliant with health and safety regulations:
Never did find the computer lead I was looking for though!
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
You'll find the computer lead just after you've bought a new one.
•
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
Go in the loft and look for something completely different and you'll most likely come across the lead when you're not looking for it
Steve
•
Posts: 1,478
Threads: 223
Likes Received: 2,275 in 824 posts
Likes Given: 1,088
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Norfolk, England
A recent addition to the track - the iconic Donington Spitfire:
When I took this photo in 2007 it was much the worse for wear with faded paintwork and a rear wing missing. It was removed the following year, never to be seen again and the classic photos of cars racing past it became a thing of the past.
All is well in my little fantasy world of Conington Park though as the Spitfire has returned from the menders restored to its former glory:
As always with these things the problem of scale had to be addressed. The people and cars might be 1/32 scale but the track definitely isn't and a true scale aeroplane would be way too big and stretch halfway down the straight. 1/32 Spitfires are also exceedingly expensive.
I initially tried a 1/72 Airfix kit but, apart from the fact that I made a complete hash of building it, the thing was way too small. I eventually found a 1/48 part built/painted one on eBay for the princely sum of a fiver which fits the space nicely and looks about right. I just had to redo the decals and repaint a couple of small parts. I made the stand from 3mm microbore copper pipe and plasticard painted grey. The bushes are made from wire wool painted green and were given to me by Rallyhub.
(This post was last modified: 13th-Aug-21, 12:15 PM by
CMOTD.)
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
Very very nice!!! What scale and make?
•
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
The iconic Conington Spitfire!
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com